Pentair IC40 startup sequence

concort

Jul 9, 2023
Lancaster, PA
Hello all. I have same IC40 chlorinator and the low salt and red and good salt green are BOTH flashing and the FLOW red light is on. The flow is fine... i cleaned it out with MA and its still lit up like a Christmas tree with these lights flashing that shouldnt be. Now i do have to say the water temp is at about 55degrees. I just dont remember this being such an issue in years passed. Is all this due to water temp? My salt level is at 3400 so that checks out too.

Con,

If the flow light is red, then NOTHING else will work..

If you know for sure that you have good flow, then the flow switch is bad.

If you have replaced the flow switch before, then one of the connection could bad..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Con,

The lights flashing happens every time you initially power the cell on and then every 12 hours.. This is an indication that the cell is trying to meaure the salinity of the water.. Without flow, the cell can't measure the salt level and it will never get past this point.

If it were too cold, the only light that would work would be the 'Cold" light...

Jim R.

Con,

The lights flashing happens every time you initially power the cell on and then every 12 hours.. This is an indication that the cell is trying to meaure the salinity of the water.. Without flow, the cell can't measure the salt level and it will never get past this point.

If it were too cold, the only light that would work would be the 'Cold" light...

Jim R.
Hi and thanks for reply... to be clear, the salt level lights (good and low)are BOTH flashing (ive never seen the low light flash... didnt even know it could) and the FLOW red light is on. I mean the water is cooking thru this thing so i know theres good clean clear flow...esp since i took analyized it and cleaned it, so why would that light even be on? Whats really weird is that the Cold light isnt even on...?? The water is 55degrees. Are all these lights acting up cuz the water is too cold? Or is my flow switch bad?