Baha Shelf

Sep 25, 2017
MIAMI
Hello Everyone,

I have a friend that is starting to layout a new pool and is asking me about a baja shelf. I don't think it's somehting that would be used very often but wanted to see if any of you has one and what you think?

Thanks

Jose

The uses are if you have small children whom will use the pool or if you are interested in sitting in specially designed lounger that sits on the shelf. Depth is important on what it will be used for.

My young teens use ours all the time to cartwheel or handstand into the pool. It’s defintley a favorite jumping off point during games as well. I thought for sure it would be MY favorite spot, and I was ready to purchase ledge loungers...waiting on those until the girls are older.

Our pool has a small (6x10) baja shelf. We have 3 young kids, and they love playing on it, and jumping from it into the pool. We're currently remodeling the pool, and considering extending it a little as well as adding an umbrella sleeve to it. The current small size and location makes it a little awkward for loungers, but we think we might like loungers on it once the kids get older, which is the reason we're considering extending it.

Baja or Sun shelves are great. We love ours and use it for all sorts of things. We added it to our pool shape so it didn't really take from any swim area. It is a great place to lounge and we also have 2 umbrella sleeves in it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.