Chapel Hill NC Build of our own design

paddle

Silver Supporter
May 7, 2015
Chapel Hill, NC
Hello everyone,

I have been a member since 2015 and have learned a great deal reading all of the posts over the years. Thanks to everyone! Our Pool Build is scheduled to start next week.
This is our own design that we have tweaked over a hundred times in the last year. We had to shoe horn the pool into the lot. Our biggest hurdle was building a retaining wall to level out the yard. This was completed a few weeks ago and we now have all approvals and permits to start the actual build.

Hi there Paddle, love the Snoopy avatar!!

I'd say "welcome to TFP" but...well... you've been here *that* long already? LOL

I see you've got the primo test kit ready though! Great move :goodjob:

Keep us posted on build pics.... you know how much we love 'em.

Maddie :flower:

There is so much right with all of this:

-Siggy all set up!
-pictures to get us started
-has done a lot of reading-can tell from all of the pool details like the swim lane and steps off the shelf-NICE!
-has test kit (I did the same thing-bought the test kit before the pool LOL)

That Snoopy! How cute is that!! Where in the world did you find that?? How long have you had him just waiting for the pool?

I would love to see a now picture of where this wonderful pool is going.

Kim:kim:

I’m still unsure of Snoopy’s final location-possibly sun shelf. We are going with a vibrancy glass Marine series. Very close to NPT Arctic glass.
The coping will be honed and filled noche travertine and the deck will be Belgard fossil beige pavers.
10982CC8-8DC8-4FFC-AF97-D20045406905.jpg

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that tile! Now think about the mortar under it------what color? It will change the hue of the tile so very important. Also think about the grout. They should have grout sticks samples for you to use to see which one you like the bets.

Kim:kim:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Our pool dig is scheduled for Thursday. We have decided to go with flagstone coping and a flagstone sun ledge with beach entry at the top of the ledge.
D2B4BC38-0B8A-4C0C-BEC3-6549505B17F3.jpg The Woodstock snorkel mosaic has arrived and we are very happy with Blue Water Mosaics for getting them to us in one piece.
407738C1-6CA1-495E-9B73-6BF63EEF7E02.jpg
I have also posted before wall and pool construction photos of the back yard.
2640CDFA-083E-46C6-90C7-9A4625A44F6D.jpg
3941B83A-6176-4C85-B154-0503AA359861.jpg

I am so excited about the build. We spent a year planning how it could be built and meet HOA and county guidelines. Mowing the incline was a big pain and required wearing football cleats.

The wall builder used 110 tons of rock plus 110 tons of fill behind the wall. That's a lot of dump trucks!:)

I must be missing something? I don't see any pics of the wall being built or finished wall?? Please consider adding them if you still can? I'd love to see them as I too have a pool on a slope and always want to see more wall pics. I might need another wall someday, y'know?

Maddie :flower:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.