Cleaner on skimmer port

sf,

Just another reason to go Robot... :p I will never use another water powered cleaner again...

If you want to be able to leave your Aquanaut in the pool all the time, and you don't have a dedicated vacuum line, then the only option I see is to add a suction port to your pump. Would not be pretty, but than neither is the Aquanaut...

Here is an example...

dbtgallery.php

You can see that the valve selects either the Skimmer (pipe going into the ground) or the added port which is where the Aquanaut hose could be connected.. The valve could even be automated if wanted..

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.

sf,

Just another reason to go Robot... :p I will never use another water powered cleaner again...

If you want to be able to leave your Aquanaut in the pool all the time, and you don't have a dedicated vacuum line, then the only option I see is to add a suction port to your pump. Would not be pretty, but than neither is the Aquanaut...

Here is an example...

dbtgallery.php

You can see that the valve selects either the Skimmer (pipe going into the ground) or the added port which is where the Aquanaut hose could be connected.. The valve could even be automated if wanted..

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.

How the valve automation would look like?
Pump is kind of far from the pool though.
Thnx for the reply.

sf,

The picture is of a pool where the equipment is right next to the pool. This set up would not work well if the equipment was a good distance away. Although you could bury the 2" PVC right up to the side of the pool, if you did not have to go under any decking..

You could add a valve actuator and use a sprinkler control box to drive the valve on/off at a specific time..

The set up in the picture was only used for a short time before I added a Robot and it has never been used again.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.