Official 2018 BBQ, Smoking, Grilling, Baking and Beer thread

I hear ya on that one. My wife does not eat beef but oh well too bad for her :)

This is the marinade I used:

1/4 cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons salt
1 tablespoon ground black pepper
1 tablespoon onion powder
2 tablespoons parsley flakes
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 tablespoons finely minced garlic
A few dashes of hot sauce
A nice piece of trip-tip, anywhere from 1.5 to 4 lbs.

I am familiar with that place ate there about 3 times in the past. Probably one of the best steaks I ever had :cheers:

I’ve never had anything there that wasn’t delicious! Did you tour the wine cellar? Amazing!

Doing a little experimenting with my latest toy. Dw loves scallops but I hate to cook it indoors due to the food smells. I really wanted the induction burner showcased on top chef season 14 however this one is pretty good. View attachment 77976
45661e7eff77be0713926c4ddbca5138.jpg

Oooooo...induction heaters...how very European of you!! They’re very popular in the metro European capitals where tiny apartments cost a fortune to rent and there’s nothing more than a countertop that qualifies as “the kitchen”....

Oooooo...induction heaters...how very European of you!! They’re very popular in the metro European capitals where tiny apartments cost a fortune to rent and there’s nothing more than a countertop that qualifies as “the kitchen”....

Yes and I am thinking that this is a must have cooking gadget. Dw surprised me on my birthday. It is a very basic entry induction burner made by Isiler. She got it from amazon and it is amazing :cheers:
Amazon.com: Portable Induction Cooktop, iSiLER 1800W Sensor Touch Electric Induction Cooker Cooktop with Kids Safety Lock, Countertop Burner with Timer and 8 Temperature Settings: Kitchen Dining

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
BUBBA BURGERS!!

Bubba brand burgers are my favorite burgers to cook. They are pricey but they are the right cut of meat with the perfect amount of juice and fat in them. When you follow the directions, they cook perfectly on the grille -

View attachment 78318

The funny part is, I always start a nice grease fire in my grille when I cook them. In this next picture, the gas is actually turned off and the flames are going from nothing more than the residual heat of the grille and the fats from the burgers acting as fuel -

View attachment 78319

I usually let the burgers develop some grille marks and then finish them off in a warm oven inside the house.

After the burgers are done the grille needs a pretty long burn-off to clean up the grates. So I set the gas to low and just let the heat burn it clean for about an hour.

Matt I have seen those at Walmart for sure and somewhere else...personally Im on a ground chuck (80%) kick right now. GC seems to cook very well and as I learn my grill (first time having a built in) it seems that if I don't over preheat the grill and use more of a medium low setting I get less flare up. But hey thats just how my grill seems to react and my stand alone Weber liked more of a medium high setting so go figure...

Ever made homemade "juicy lucy's"?

Matt I have seen those at Walmart for sure and somewhere else...personally Im on a ground chuck (80%) kick right now. GC seems to cook very well and as I learn my grill (first time having a built in) it seems that if I don't over preheat the grill and use more of a medium low setting I get less flare up. But hey thats just how my grill seems to react and my stand alone Weber liked more of a medium high setting so go figure...

Ever made homemade "juicy lucy's"?

The Bubba burgers are ground chuck. As others have posted, I too make my own gourmet burger .... but, when I need to make good quality burgers in quantity (I have a large hungry family), prepping a dozen burgers from scratch can take too long. Also, 99% of the time, the burgers get thrown on a bun and wolfed down with hardly a word so I save my gourmet burgers for more intimate settings where peeps will actually appreciate them. That said, Bubba’s are the best quality I have found in pre-made patties, hands down.

Do tell about Mademoiselle Lucy?

Got it and good points made about the ungrateful to our handmade foods :) I will test them out the next time we do a pool thing...

So the "Juicy Lucy" was the creation of a dive bar in Minneapolis (at least that is the story I hear). Take two burger patties (handmade) thin them out some, then place cheese in the middle of the two patties, crimp the edges so the cheese does not run out. Cook to your desired doneness (medium to medium rare works for us). Before I retired I traveled an awful lot and would always look for "Dinner, Drive-In and Dive places to eat. Some were outstanding and some not so much. Here are a few links...

The Juicy Lucy: Two bars battling since 1950s over Minnesota's ...

Juicy Lucy Burger (a.k.a. Jucy Lucy) Recipe - Chowhound

Juicy Lucy Burger - YouTube

I stopped buying ground beef, fresh, or frozen. I buy a chuck roll from Restaurant Depot, cut it up and grind my own, this way I know exactly what is going in it. For me 80/20 is the best combination for burgers but I like 85/15 for meatloaf and other types of ground beef dishes.

I stopped buying ground beef, fresh, or frozen. I buy a chuck roll from Restaurant Depot, cut it up and grind my own, this way I know exactly what is going in it. For me 80/20 is the best combination for burgers but I like 85/15 for meatloaf and other types of ground beef dishes.

75/25 for burgers....I love the greasy flare ups!!! I take 80/20 and add rendered bacon fat to it....

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.