Official 2018 BBQ, Smoking, Grilling, Baking and Beer thread

Got it and yes now I have heard the term before...My setup is a built in "gasser" with a rotisserie attachment (I have never used) and a large WSM that I love for ribs, brisket, butts and such. I do miss having a webber kettle but I just don't need another piece to have out. If I had it to do again I would have a built in pellet grill and my WSM....

Got it and yes now I have heard the term before...My setup is a built in "gasser" with a rotisserie attachment (I have never used) and a large WSM that I love for ribs, brisket, butts and such. I do miss having a webber kettle but I just don't need another piece to have out. If I had it to do again I would have a built in pellet grill and my WSM....

You really need to make use of that rotisserie. I use it to make standing rib roasts and whole chickens. It melts in your mouth. [emoji482]

You really need to make use of that rotisserie. I use it to make standing rib roasts and whole chickens. It melts in your mouth. [emoji482]

+1 on the rotisserie!! Why have it if you ain’t using it!!!!

Rotisserie chicken is sooooooo good. Better than anything you can do in the oven. Better than beer-can chicken IMHO. I’ve also split chickens and cooked them low & slow on the smoker and they don’t turn out as good as rotisserie. Just something about the juices slowly rolling around the carcass that makes it super-delicious.

ok, ok, ok fellas...I actually forgot I had it until I saw Matt's cooking. I usually just do beer can (or version thereof) chicken and it never fails me! I promise...I say with a wink and fingers crossed...to give it a try :)

Speaking of beer can chicken, I did a couple tonight. I also did sirloin steaks, pheasant, burgers and dogs. I had my kids and all my grandkids here today pool was busy all day long!
042977ba3e0b46d3e3f50b0c9e274839.jpg
e050d7cefae43d59697c5ef03ecb5a7b.jpg
37a5dfabc157c60f5f32058bff81d901.jpg
954e9ff49655bd98bd2fbc4106985e44.jpg

We were thinking the same thing today, I’ll post a picture when they’re done, I just threw them on the Weber a couple hours ago. Temp holding solid at 225°

d82c8be13a1cd57905168d45d0752475.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Beef ribeye cap steaks inspired by Avery (9year old) who was on Masterchef junior. Here is a pic of this cut of meat. You have to hunt down a butcher to do this for you. Chefs say this is the richest cut of meat closest to wagyu beef.
This is a great cooking / instructional video
Prime Ribeye Cap Steak Recipe - YouTube
View attachment 78818
View attachment 78819
View attachment 78820
You will probably get about 6-7 steaks out of a whole Ribeye Cap, depends thickness of the steaks.
View attachment 78821
View attachment 78822
Hot seat 3 minutes both sides.
View attachment 78823
Finish in oven at 450 degrees for 5 mins for rare.
View attachment 78824View attachment 78825

I prefer my ribeye caps to stay on the ribeye!!! I see the ribeye cap pinwheels in Costco all the time...but I want the rest of the ribeye too!!!

Well I’m definitely going to try a ribeye cap, since I never have. I’m always up for an adventure. Plus anything cooked outside requires a cold beer, that’s just one more reason.....

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.