Laporte tx pool build!

Thank you for becoming a bronze TFP supporter! Awesome job on your signature and first build pics! Subscribed!

That's a beautiful setting for a pool! I love the tropical corner! Lush grass too with privacy fence! Your massive tanning shelf will see a lot of use I bet!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
GREEN is good! SWEET! :party:

So what are the two big round things on the side of the pool? They look like main drains but you have those on the bottom where they should be.

Kim:kim:

Kim,
I had to ask too. He said it's a dedicated suction for the water feature pump. It's low suction/high discharge volume, so I don't think being trapped against them would be an issue. Anyone feel differently?

Since they are duels it should be safe BUT I really don't like the fact someone could stand or sit right in front of them with the depth there. I have seen a lot of builds and this is the first time I have seen something like that. I am going to ask a couple of builders I know for their thoughts. My "mom" gut is going off so need to check it to make sure.

Those pots are the same ones that some builders use for the main drains. They will get drain covers installed on them and since they are split there is no risk of entrapment.

It is very common to use wall ports for water features like you have. Looks good :goodjob:

Those pots are the same ones that some builders use for the main drains. They will get drain covers installed on them and since they are split there is no risk of entrapment.

It is very common to use wall ports for water features like you have. Looks good :goodjob:
Brian,
thanks! Glad to hear that it is okay. I know the waterfall pumps don't pull near as hard as circulation pumps, but it still made me a little nervous like Kim said.

Brian,
thanks! Glad to hear that it is okay. I know the waterfall pumps don't pull near as hard as circulation pumps, but it still made me a little nervous like Kim said.

Brian THANKS! Greg you can take what he says to the bank.

I wonder if you can use these kinds of covers to help "hide" them?

http://www.poolfittings.com/

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.