Latham liner warranty seems useless, experience?

Jun 3, 2014
Hollidaysburg, PA
I was wondering if anyone had experience or filed a liner warranty claim. I have a Latham liner in my pool. I am getting some separation along the bead. I am on year three of my warranty so I emailed them and sent them pictures. They approved the warranty claim and said I would be responsible for 1/3 of the cost of a replacement. I thought great, I can get a new liner fairly cheap. So they replied back saying my portion of the 1/3 is.... wait for it... $590.. I emailed them back to confirm the price and they said that was the cost.

So with 590 being the 1/3 cost, that would mean they sell a 24'x52" liners in the neighborhood of $1700. Considering I can get them on popular websites for under 400, and sometimes under 300, that seems outrageous. Has anyone filed a claim and had any luck.. or is this kind of garbage standard operating procedure for these crooks. I am tempted to use another email address and try to get a price quote from them, to see if the numbers line up. They do have a lot of nice designs, but not at the cost they are asking.

Thanks!

I have not had experience with this type of warranty claim, but it sure appears that they are not working with you or even being fair. Even if you received a lower quote, the company can come back and state that is for new customers, not existing. It sure seems like you may not win here. Your best bet would be to call the company directly and speak to someone and see if they can help you.

A family member has an AGP and his liner had to be replaced due to poor chemistry balance. The total cost was around $900, including labor. His pool is around the same size of yours. Hopefully someone else will chime in as this will show up as a recent post.

I bet it gets even *better* when you take them up on their *deal*...........they will make YOU pay for the shipping :roll: I faced the same thing. The replacement liner was more that I could buy a new one from another company for AND I had to pay to ship it back to them :( I said not thanks and ordered from another company.

Even if you received a lower quote, the company can come back and state that is for new customers, not existing.

Like buying a new phone...

- - - Updated - - -

I bet it gets even *better* when you take them up on their *deal*...........they will make YOU pay for the shipping :roll: I faced the same thing. The replacement liner was more that I could buy a new one from another company for AND I had to pay to ship it back to them :( I said not thanks and ordered from another company.

Yea. I was pretty disappointed at their customer service. I guess, I will probably just get something from somewhere else. This is the liner that came with my pool so I don't have an itemized list of what each part costed. Maybe I will reach out to Radiant and see what they have to say. Maybe they can put some pressure on them about using their liners if this is the customer service they give.

Just wanted to provide some closure to this.

I hit them up again and confirmed the size and shape of my pool. Here they were quoting me a custom in ground pool liner, and not a standard 24' round AGP. The new price is $224. That does include shipping which will come via a carrier (not UPS/FedEx). So I know some cost goes in for that. So all said and done, I am pretty happy about the outcome.

Just wanted to provide some closure to this.

I hit them up again and confirmed the size and shape of my pool. Here they were quoting me a custom in ground pool liner, and not a standard 24' round AGP. The new price is $224. That does include shipping which will come via a carrier (not UPS/FedEx). So I know some cost goes in for that. So all said and done, I am pretty happy about the outcome.

Do you have tonsend the old one back at your expense?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.