breaker keeps tripping

Jim H

LifeTime Supporter
May 12, 2015
Monroe/NJ
Hi all. Not sure if I should put this here or under salt water generator...
Recently had issue with my SWG sensor so the pool company came out and replaced. The very next day I find the fuse to the pool equipment keeps tripping. I asked company to come back out, which they are reluctantly doing but they insist that simply changing out the sensor would have no effect on the electric. I sort of get that but I find it an unbelievable coincidence of timing. Is there any truth to what they are saying? Is there any part of the job where they could have been messing with the electric? What are the most common causes of tripping a fuse? I hate being at the mercy of these companies- I've washed my hands of their nonsense by doing my own chemicals (thanks to all of you!) but I am clueless about pumps/electric etc and at their mercy for this stuff.

Jim.

In general, replacing a sensor in your salt system should have nothing to do with a popping breakers.

But we need more info..

Are we talking about a breaker at the equipment pad?

What is the breaker for? Do you only have one breaker for the whole pad or do you have several breakers.

Do you know if the breakers is a GFCI breaker or a regular breaker?

If you don't know the answers to these questions, then post a picture of your pad and associated electrics...

Thanks,

Jim R.

Breaker from main box that is for everything, not at the equipment pad. Sorry should have been more clear.
Includes the pump and the heater all on one breaker.
My electrician skills are weak to say the least but I though GFCI's are more at the local level, when near water. This is the main breaker in my basement so am assuming not GFCI.
I turned the heater off for the time being as I know that is a huge draw, but had it running all summer last year with no issues.
I'm thinking this is probably an impossible question to answer without actually inspecting my equipment- just wanted to be sure that the sensor replacement wouldn't have anything to do with it since it seemed too coincidental so you answered that for me thanks.

Jim,

Does the pump run when the heater is off?

Does the breaker pop after a while or does it pop immediately when you turn on the pump or the heater?

Could be a simple as a weak breaker, but I suggest that you find a local electrician to look at it.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.