New Oasis on Long Island

i can send u a few pics if u ant of my curves and show u how they hang in places if it makes u feel better. but u won't have an issue. put ur energy to fighting about that slope towards the house.
Thanks Jim. If they are easily available, sure. But it's not necessary. Pool company came out Saturday to discuss fixing everything and said the same thing about the curves.

Good morning everyone.

So, after another week of nothing happening and a few heated but civil conversations with the pool company, we are going to resume this week. Stone is ordered and should be here Monday or Tuesday.

The grading will be fixed (pitched away from the house) & we came up with a solution for the steep grade from left to right. We will have a small step outside our sliders. Originally it was a step down and then a step up. We didn't like that at all. Now it will be level to walk out and then a step up. This will fix both grade problems.

Thanks to everyone on this site that shares all their knowledge and help. This is my first pool and the info is priceless to a noobie. Here's my test results.

FC 10 (SWG at 10% 12 hrs a day until it lowers )

TC. (is this just FC + CC)?

CC .05

PH 7.2

CH 25

TA 70

Cya 0 (added 6 lbs of CYA in a skimmer sock. Waiting for it to dissolve)

Any insight or advice?

SO glad to hear they are going to fix the grades...........sorry it took so much "push" to get there but proud of you for doing so! When do they think they will start redoing it?

Your numbers look awesome! A couple of comments:

-yes TC is just FC+ CC-we don't usually list it but not big deal if you do.

-CH-please check your heater's manual to see what it wants/needs. Some heaters need a certain CH. Not sure why but have heard it more than once so....sharing info with you to follow up on.

Kim:kim:

Finally some movement.

Lots of rain now so hopefully starting by Tuesday. ??
35e992e17230e6cd89063d725c14828a.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
If they are going to install those in a sand bed of some kind MAKE SURE you have them put stabilization fabric down. That concrete base WILL crack at some point and if it doesnt have fibermesh or metal in it the sand will fall thru the cracks and will sink the pavers. ICPI standards are to use stabilization fabric on ANY pavers above a slab or portland mix setting bed

If they are going to install those in a sand bed of some kind MAKE SURE you have them put stabilization fabric down. That concrete base WILL crack at some point and if it doesnt have fibermesh or metal in it the sand will fall thru the cracks and will sink the pavers. ICPI standards are to use stabilization fabric on ANY pavers above a slab or portland mix setting bed
Thanks Jim

I will keep an eye on them.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.