Cover anchor bolts

Apr 5, 2017
Cullman , Al
Wheb putting down my cover anchor points I found 2 that were loose in the concrete. How can I bond them down securely so I do not have to worry about my kids sinking into my pool if they dive across the cover near the loose bolts? I just had it installed and the company put it on in the middle of the day while I was at work. Mid may of Alabama not sure why they thought I wanted it covered. (bought the house last Sept and it had 2 tarps zip tied together as a pool cover ?)
My concerns are pool water, heat and sun plus the weight of the cover pulling against the bolt Making it unsafe
fe6f3df8929a21d409387d3c2b925c76.jpg

Well, you really don't have to worry about them pulling out. The weight of the cover only puts a side load on the anchors so just make sure you backed them off (up) enough to ensure the tension spring is just lightly resting on the concrete or not touching it at all. If you don't back them up high enough it will tend to use the spring as a pivot point and want to lift the anchors. It wouldn't lift them all the way out but could bring them 1/4" out of the hole. Before I replaced my pool decking a couple years ago nearly all of my anchors were loose and easily pulled out of the deck. Never once did a single one break free and that's in an area that see's over 100" of snow load every winter.

To secure the anchor I'd suggest using a two part epoxy. It doesn't really get much stronger than that and again, if you raise the heads up you really shouldn't even be testing the epoxy.

Agree. Several of mine spin freely. No worries.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.