Slowly progressing...

Oh so hard BUT the most important part of the whole build! Good job taking your time to make sure it is all level. What are you using to dig down to to seat the block so they are level with the ground? One person use a hoe without a pole on it. Since it is a straight edge it worked much better than a regular shovel.

Kim:kim:

Last night I finished the support blocks on the end where the wheelbarrow is in this pic.
I snapped this before work this morning...

bottom rail3.jpg

...that’s the side with all the rocks in the ground and what could possibly be some leftover concrete from when they poured the retaining walls in my backyard, we had to use a pick axe to bust it up...what a pain that was...but it’s done, and the whole radius beeped level!

I’m going to try and level the side rails after work today and hopefully plant the support blocks for the Delta Uprights...those blocks are 4 inches thick!

Last edited:
That's a lot of rocks!

Make sure the ground is packed really hard under those blocks. If you had to refill after removing rocks, those blocks could settle and take the pool out of level.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
My father in law and I finished leveling the side rails tonight. We also double checked and adjusted each support block to make sure everything is on the same plane and level...I think we’re good!
I have to work both jobs tomorrow, so Friday after work I will do a final rake then start bringing the sand in!

Sorry, no pics...it was already dark when we got done. Plus it doesn’t look any different right now.

My father in law and I finished leveling the side rails tonight. We also double checked and adjusted each support block to make sure everything is on the same plane and level...I think we’re good!
I have to work both jobs tomorrow, so Friday after work I will do a final rake then start bringing the sand in!

Sorry, no pics...it was already dark when we got done. Plus it doesn’t look any different right now.

Partsman,
I'm just curious...... How much sand will you use to cover the whole area?
I hope the weather holds out for y'all over the next couple of days. :rolleyes:

Partsman,
I'm just curious...... How much sand will you use to cover the whole area?
I hope the weather holds out for y'all over the next couple of days. :rolleyes:
I actually found a pdf of an instruction manual for a different model Esther Williams oval pool, which to my surprise had a lot of important info that we need to build this pool!
It states for my 15x24 we need 3.5 tons or 2.25 yards...so that’s what I had my friend pick up and deliver to my side yard and dump. The place where we got it is about 5 minutes from my house if we need more!

pool specs.jpg

As for the weather...I’m hoping too, thanks!

Last edited:
Well...the much needed rain started earlier than we hoped, so I was only able to start a final rake this morning and make sure the bottom rail was property supported in between the blocks.

So...we took the kids to the movies to see Jurassic World. My 8 year old (this month) has been wanting to see it, but every day and night off has been spent working on the pool. What better day to go than when it’s raining?
It was a great movie and we had fun!

Maybe tomorrow we can get some more done on the pool...stay tuned!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.