Slowly progressing...

One thing I did notice on the sand filter...it states ‘TESTED FOR FRESH WATER ONLY’...
filter label.jpg
...I interpret that as the unit was intended to be used with fresh water, and the use of salt water may have adverse effects on the materials...

yes? no? maybe?

I want to use salt water with it, but I guess I will be doing so at my own risk!

Please feel free to educate me!

Last edited:
Like the other pic I posted, this is what we started with on Saturday before taking it down...

pool.jpg

5 hours later.jpg

pool site.jpg
It literally was 5 hours...but it’s at my house now in A LOT of pieces...now we just have to figure out the best spot for it!

Stay tuned...

Last edited:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I’ve been checking out liners for my Esther Williams pool...15’x24’x52”
I found one on eBay from the seller ‘savemoreonpoolsupplies’ for $299.89 with free shipping...
‘Round & Oval Manor Beaded Liner For Esther Williams Swimming Pool’
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/132440758072

It seems like a decent one and it’s the least expensive one I’ve found so far.
Any thoughts?
I’m just nervous because this is my first ‘real’ pool and the liner is kind of important, I don’t want to put a crappy one in there.

Thanks

I have never had a vinyl pool, but the liner is not something I would necessary buy from the lowest bidder.

Looks at specs for thickness and warranty related to fading, etc.

Thicker is better.

I have never had a vinyl pool, but the liner is not something I would necessary buy from the lowest bidder.

Looks at specs for thickness and warranty related to fading, etc.

Thicker is better.
Thanks for the reply!

I certainly don’t want one from the lowest bidder...but I also don’t want to pay a gazillion dollars for it either! Haha

This brand is SmartLine, manufactured by Swimline...it’s 25 gauge and has a 25 year limited warranty.

I don’t know enough about them to know if that’s a decent brand.

Thanks!

Ok, I’m back...

I just ordered the liner from poolsupplies.com...now I’m wondering about the cove molding.
They have 2 different cove moldings. One has a plastic backing strip that sits in the bottom rail, and one has an adhesive backing. They both seem decent, and I imagine both would do what it was designed for. Have any of you used either one?

I was also thinking of using some wall foam. They have a roll of 1/8” thick and a roll of 1/4” thick. I’m thinking either or would work, as long as there’s something in between the liner and the wall.

Thoughts?
Comments?
Suggestions?
Advice?

Thank you!

So...last Thursday my wife and I measured out the pool and excavation lines...
ground site.jpg
It took us a while to figure out where to put it, then I was cutting down some trees to get more sun in the yard. Some were being strangled by bittersweet, some were dead, and some were just leaning over in my yard and over the pool site.
I was also putting it off because of the anxiety of the whole thing. We do pretty much everything on, in, around the house ourselves, but I’ve never done anything like this before. I was just really nervous if we picked the right spot...will it get enough sun...etc

Last edited:
We started digging on Saturday, I borrowed my friend’s laser level Sunday night after I got out of my part-time job at The Home Depot, we dug some more after my day job (and dinner) on Monday, then more digging yesterday after work. I had no idea how much earth needed to be removed to be level with the low spot...unbelievable...but the laser level doesn’t lie!

big dig.jpg
There’s a ton of rocks and packed clay in the high area that we are slowly getting through, what a pain!

Last edited:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.