Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: How am i doing?

1. Back To Top    #1

How am i doing?

New pool owner with swg. Testing with taylor k 2006.
    Fc 5.5
    Cc 0.5
    Ph 7.8
    Ta 60
    Ch 380
    Cya 50
    Salt 3800

I feel like my Cya is too low and fc is too high. Do i add nore acid? Also does running my swg for longer increase my fc?

I've also been leaving my pool cover on during the week as we are not in it as much then. It's pretty warm where i am (80-100s) so i keep it on to conserve heat so that i don't have to heat it up so much ch on the weekend. So maybe i dont have the benefit of the sun to eat up the chlorine.

Thanks!!
    17K gallon, inground, gunnite, stonescapes tropics blue puerto rico blend pebble, above ground spa with spill , Jandy VS 2.0 hp pump, Jandy cartirdge filter, Jandy pool & Spa heater, Jandy SWG, Aqualink automation, Taylor K-2006

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: How am i doing?

Nice job on the test kit! You should add it to your signature so everyone can see it when you post.

Here is a couple of links for you:

Pool School - Recommended Levels

Pool School - Chlorine / CYA Chart

You will see that a higher CYA is called for when you have a SWG. I would work on pushing that up just a little. Go slow as it is easier to add CYA than to take it out.

Your FC is at your target level so good to go!

How is your water looking? Does is shine like a jewel when you take the cover off?

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

I,

You asked "Also does running my swg for longer increase my fc?"

The amount of chlorine that your SWCG produces is based upon two things...

1. The percentage of output you select on the SWCG.

2. The number of hours your pump runs..

So for example... If you set your SWCG at 100% and run your pump for 1 hour, the SWCG will produce the same amount of chlorine as if you set your SWCG to 10% and run your pump for 10 hours.

The amount of chlorine generated is a combination of SWCG percentage and pump run time.

The longer you run the pump at the same percentage, the more chlorine it produces.

Thanks,

Jim R.
    Finished in 2015 - 17K Gal, IG, 20' x 25' Almost Rectangular Pool, Pebble finish, three rockport water falls. Pentair Equipment: EasyTouch 4, IC40 SWG, 3 HP VS Pump, CCP520 Cartridge Filter.
    TF100 with SpeedStir and SampleSizer, ColorQ Pro 7, Dolphin Premier Robot Cleaner, added Screen Logic 2, added small 3 person Caldera Spa.

4. Back To Top    #4

How long are you running the pump or what are the hours/rates you have it scheduled to run? Might help us.
    14K IG 12'x30' Rectangle Vinyl Salt Water Pool
    Hayward Aqua Rite AQR15 PL-PLUS
    Hayward SP2603VSP Super Pump VS
    Hayward 300lb Sand Filter
    Dolphin Active 30i AND Skim Devil Camio SX15

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by simo711 View Post
    How long are you running the pump or what are the hours/rates you have it scheduled to run? Might help us.
    The rate is at 50% and I was running for 7 hours but I have dropped that to 4 hours. I like the idea of having a higher rate for less time. I will also work on adding more acid.
    17K gallon, inground, gunnite, stonescapes tropics blue puerto rico blend pebble, above ground spa with spill , Jandy VS 2.0 hp pump, Jandy cartirdge filter, Jandy pool & Spa heater, Jandy SWG, Aqualink automation, Taylor K-2006