Dolphin Supreme M Series Owner’s Club

Smiticans,

I have plaster, but if your 400 is a couple seasons old, you might look into replacing the runners. Have you noticed a decline in performance? I'm gonna let Patrick chime in on this because he has done an overhaul on his 500 and had great results.

C

I've been following this thread quite religiously as the wife and I are considering a Dolphin as a gift to "us". I'm stubborn at times and will use something until it disintegrates, but the value and convenience in one of these seems too good to ignore. Might have to break-open the piggy bank.

Do it Pat, you'll never regret a dime spent. Might as well go all the way too and get the 500.

Anyone using the M400 with a Vinyl liner pool? Mine seems to be having trouble climbing the walls when I'm using the ultra fine cartridge filters. It almost looks like the foam climbing rings are causing it to loose traction on the wall. The cartridges are cleaned after each use.

I have a friend with vinyl and his performs as well as mine in a Quartz finish. How old are the carts? Even if you clean them well, and I am really thorough since I have a lot of dirt and fine dust they eventually get to where they flow less. If you've ever let them dry dirty it quickens the process. Depending on your use and conditions, they may be overdue for a replacement. How does it do when you install the spring carts and run it? I did replace my tracks and foam climbing rings in mine this year, and yours could be due as well. Below is a link to my recent refurbish thread on some normal wear parts.

Dolphin Premier M5 - 4th Season Refurb

Do it Pat, you'll never regret a dime spent. Might as well go all the way too and get the 500.

I have a friend with vinyl and his performs as well as mine in a Quartz finish. How old are the carts? Even if you clean them well, and I am really thorough since I have a lot of dirt and fine dust they eventually get to where they flow less. If you've ever let them dry dirty it quickens the process. Depending on your use and conditions, they may be overdue for a replacement. How does it do when you install the spring carts and run it? I did replace my tracks and foam climbing rings in mine this year, and yours could be due as well. Below is a link to my recent refurbish thread on some normal wear parts.

Smiticans,

I have plaster, but if your 400 is a couple seasons old, you might look into replacing the runners. Have you noticed a decline in performance? I'm gonna let Patrick chime in on this because he has done an overhaul on his 500 and had great results.

C

I purchased the unit last week. It was a manufacture refurbished unit with a 12 month warranty. The tracks and foam climbing rings appear to be almost new. When I first took the unit out of the box I inspected the filter cartridges. They appeared to be clean but not new. So I don't know to what extend they were used in the past. I'll have to run a cycle with the spring cartridges to see if the cartridges are the issue.

So far the M400 is a lot superior to my old cleaners (Polaris 9550 and Aquabot Bravo Fury).

Do that, and let us know what you find out. With that history, there is no telling how they were treated. Very disappointing that a refurb doesnt come with new filters. I would complain and ask for a brand new set. If they won't do it, go to Marina Pool and Spa for a new set. They have the best prices I have been able to find.

Do that, and let us know what you find out. With that history, there is no telling how they were treated. Very disappointing that a refurb doesnt come with new filters. I would complain and ask for a brand new set. If they won't do it, go to Marina Pool and Spa for a new set. They have the best prices I have been able to find.

The M400 is about an hour and a half into its cleaning cycle with the spring cartridges and it's climbing the walls without an issue. I guess I'll work on getting a new set of the fine filter cartridges.

looks like maytronics updated their dealer search tool (Where To Buy Dolphin Automatic Pool Cleaner By Maytronics) and it now has many locations near me!

I gave up and got the polaris 9550 from amazon but i am going to swap it for the m500. There are 2 Pine trees overhanging my pool (we are going to cut them down) that are dropping so many needles in the pool. I stood and watched the polaris drive over the needles and leave most of them behind. not to mention i have come back to the pool at times and found the darn thin lying on its back with the wheels all spinning around uselessly

Am i correct in assuming the m500 would scoop them all up?

looks like maytronics updated their dealer search tool (Where To Buy Dolphin Automatic Pool Cleaner By Maytronics) and it now has many locations near me!

I gave up and got the polaris 9550 from amazon but i am going to swap it for the m500. There are 2 pin trees overhanging my pool (we are going to cut them down) that are dropping so many needles in the pool. I stood and watched the polaris drive over the needles and leave most of them behind. not to mention i have come back to the pool at times and found the darn thin lying on its back with the wheels all spinning around uselessly

Am i correct in assuming the m500 would scoop them all up?

i don't have pine needles, but I have gotten twigs and leaves with 2-3 inch stems. My M bot has never flipped itself upside down. Never even close. I can't imagine that being possible with the way the M is designed. I have heard that happens with some others though.

I think you will be pleased with the M 500 and I'm glad you found a dealer. Please post back with your results.

C

I received a new set of ultra fine filter cartridges from Marina Pool and Spa yesterday. I ran the M400 though a complete cycle and it didn't have any trouble climbing the walls. If you buy a manufacture refurbished unit from Maytronics, make sure they they ship the unit with new filter cartridges.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
That's great to hear, and thanks for updating us. Sorry you had to spring for a new set, but its well worth it to have the unit performing correctly.

While I am here, I've just updated my refurb thread. If you have a M5/500 unit, its worth a look to check your bottom brush as explained in the update. I may post the follow up info here again as well. One thing is certain, the bottom brush makes a worthwhile difference in performance. I've always wondered why it's just this unit that has it, but just it's just another reason it's top of the line.

I discovered how valuable the option to manually drive the bot around is. We opened one of the lights to see what we need to replace it with and this mess fell out into the pool. I had already run the bot and put it away so I didn't want to run a full cycle. I put it back in the pool and manually drove it around with the remote. This was all picked up in 10 minutes!

IMG_3152.jpg

I discovered how valuable the option to manually drive the bot around is. We opened one of the lights to see what we need to replace it with and this mess fell out into the pool. I had already run the bot and put it away so I didn't want to run a full cycle. I put it back in the pool and manually drove it around with the remote. This was all picked up in 10 minutes!

View attachment 63057
Arghhhh! I just ordered the 400 to save some money, now I'm wondering if I shouldn't have! Though, the. 400 has a remote no?

Not....I think the 400 does not have the remote, if I remember correctly. I did not think I would use it much, but it does come in handy at times. I'm sure you will be fine without it too though. It is pretty rare that you would need to manually drive the bot and you can always just run a cycle and it will get it. Please update and post pics when you get your package. Congrats!

I think the power and design is exactly the same as the 500...it just doesn't have the remote. The bluetooth will let you select cycles and run times...I think! You will be happy with it.

- - - Updated - - -

So you had to order? I thought you found a local dealer?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.