Dolphin Supreme M Series Owner’s Club

Hi All,

So about a week ago, someone snuck into my backyard and stole my 4 year old Dolphin Supreme M5. Who does that? So first an observation. My M5 never climbed the walls great even when it was brand new. Since I am without a pool cleaner I just borrowed the neighbors Z5 (no 3rd brush, and less programmable). However, I did notice it felt more neutrally buoyant than my M5 ever did. This one climbs up to the waterline perfectly and even climbs steps. So of bugs me that for 4 years I did not realize what I was missing.

So now I need to buy by a new robot, and I am seeing a lot about the 30i. Although I really liked the 3 brushes of my old M5. But the idea of a lighter robot so the wife can use it seems appealing. So I am stuck on trying to figure out how to replace the old guy.

Also does anyone have any ideas on how to secure it, so that I don't have it stolen again? Anybody have a locking storage box that you can just wheel it into with the caddy?

So the next part of my question is what are the improvements that Maytronics has made to the M5/M500 over the last 4 years? The new M500 look identical to my old M5. The only thing that I notice that is any different is Bluetooth. Are the new ones lighter?

So the next part of my question is what are the improvements that Maytronics has made to the M5/M500 over the last 4 years? The new M500 look identical to my old M5. The only thing that I notice that is any different is Bluetooth. Are the new ones lighter?

A little bit of software updating but other than that not anything really. Just the Bluetooth remote feature.

Well due to a little of convincing and an end of year sale, a brand new M500 is on its way. It will be interesting to see if it operates any differently than my old M5.

Been looking at a bot and need to make a decision quickly. Does anyone have a glass bead bottom and if so, how's the performance. My local PS allowed me to demo the 300i and the below picture is how I found him. Wasn't terribly impressed with its cleaning and wall climbing either. I wondering if its a traction thing with the glass and all.

Attachments

• IMG_1032.jpg
    IMG_1032.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 214
I don’t have glass, but I don’t think it will affect the M500 much. The M series will never end up like that. The top floats always keep it upright. You can drop it in the pool upside down and it will right itself. The third brush really helps the cleaning as well. Cleaning the two separate filters takes a little more time, that’s the only downside.

Been looking at a bot and need to make a decision quickly. Does anyone have a glass bead bottom and if so, how's the performance. My local PS allowed me to demo the 300i and the below picture is how I found him. Wasn't terribly impressed with its cleaning and wall climbing either. I wondering if its a traction thing with the glass and all.

I'll bet there's something jammed in that impeller. That's definitely not running right. Had an S200 with the same symptoms and there was an acorn jammed in there.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
My M500 climbs the walls great and does the waterline well too. I also tried the waterline setting and it really spends a bunch of time on the waterline. My old M5 did not climb nearly as well as the M500 does.

Just bought my M500. Already have put it in the pool right at 28 days after plaster. Great little cleaner. We have decided to name him Lightning McClean. Ka-Chow!

I may be easily impressed but I love the simplicity of it all and the fact I can do basic maintenance later in regards to the brushes. Tough guy that was able to clean all but my top step and shelf area.

Ok, I'm joining the owner's club, my M500 should be here after my thanksgiving trip.

Since I'm returning the Premier I just got and getting an M500, here are my reasons as delta features over the premier:
* Split brush for tighter turns (though not sure how much diff this makes)
* 3rd brush in center
* Top access to filters
* Cycle options (premier ONLY had instant start or every 1/2/3 days and had to be restarted each week)
* Remote options (premier remote only added manual direction, and quick cycle)
* MyDolphin app
* Remote and caddy INCLUDED for $1450, whereas is addons for premier, total becomes about $1300 anyway

Feature I'm giving up going from Premier->M500:
* Big leaf bag option

I saw earlier someone asking about where to buy this thing. You can only pick it up in store, OR get through an authorized dealer/servicer. The locations that came up in the maytronics search here in northern california, only 1 near me was a brick and mortar store, and they only stock the S300i. M500 would be special order for $1799 and I could pick it up. 2 other guys I talked to were only a PO Box as they were pool service guys, but are authorized distributors. I got 2 quotes for the unit shipped TO MY DOOR, one for $1530 and one for $1450. Obviously went with the $1450 as he was less AND closer to my house should I need repair/service.

I had a question on the filters to owners. Since the pleated micro filters get less suction through but finer particles, has anyone tried a "hybrid" setup with their cartridge by putting mesh on one side of the cartridge and micro on the other? So each cartridge has a 1 mesh + 1 micro. I'm thinking this may allow greater suction, and still the mesh side trap SOME fine particles, even if not all.

Sorry folks just a question from a prospective buyer.

Heard the m400 is the same as oasis z5 same as Triton plus?

Then heard m400 same as m500 except no Bluetooth

then heard m400 has third brush but z5,Triton Plus do not

I’m just exceptionally confused and dont want to get ripped off by buying a model year when dolphin just happened to shift the names around between different models (ie 2017 Triton plus with Powerstream?)

can anyone help?

See so maybe I’m totally wrong. It must be the m400 has no remote ?

was going to spring for the m400 which I’m told by Marina Pool is like the m500 but if there’s Bluetooth/app then it must be only the remote that’s the difference. BTW it’s a 200 dollar difference between the models and the remote costs less than that.

If if anyone knows anymore that would be great, especially since the z5 costs less slightly and has a remote supposedly according to epic pool. Some people say m400is the same as z5

It looks like the M400 doesn't come with the remote control, but it does say "bluetooth" while the m500 says "bluetooth - enhanced". Maytronics lists the M500 as having choices on cleaning cycle length, up to 3.5 hours while the m400 is only one 2.5hr option. To me, it sounds a lot like the premier as far as the basic control options (you just turn it "on" and that's your only choice) but it has the dual-drive, and center brush. The z5 definitely doesn't have the center brush from what I have seen.

By the way, I got my M500 and put him to work, and Dolph Lundgren is doing a great job! The top access to the filter is nice, as compared to the bottom access on the Premier. I also am liking the app for ease of programming the weekly cycle. But I will say that the manual drive from the app is pretty useless. There is too much delay. The included remote works very well in manual, from my initial test. I don't see any options for notifications in the app, but there is an alert icon that when pressed currently says "no errors". I'm hoping this will give easy diagnostics for failures, or maybe can give a notification for full filter.

Well, I'm now a club member. Pool came with a pressure side cleaner. It was ok but two months ago developed a wobble. Cracked axle. Loving wife bought a used one without me checking it out. Well, it floated more than cleaned and developed a wheel problem just after 30 day money back guarantee. Fed up, I borrowed a demo from a great pool store (IM me if you want the name)...they only had an M400. I dropped it in and was blown away. Took it back last Saturday and ordered the M500. No pics yet but I'm so excited. Just curious though...did the M500 drop the blue LED's? I thought the M400 had some on it.

After a business trip next week, new lights and transformer get installed, as well as a return diverter valve rebuild as we have a little dripping action in Spa mode.

After that, pressure gauge is getting replaced.

Busy upgrade season but I'm most excited about the M500!!!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.