Dolphin Supreme M Series Owner’s Club

Hey everyone. I have a Dolphin Supreme M5. I am 2nd owner of this 6 year old pool and Dolphin. The previous owners did not take good care of anything. My Dolphin does not stay in the shallow end and has a tough time going up walls. After some Internet browsing, I think it maybe a "Foam Climbing Ring" or "Track" issue? Anyone experienced anything like this? How easy is it to replace the climbing ring and tracks? I'm pretty handy, but didn't know if it's worth dissecting and saving the M5 or buying a M500?

As of now, it only cleans about half my pool because it only stays in deep end and only climbs up about 1-2' on the walls (if that) and then just spins it's tracks for about a minute before going in reverse.

Hey everyone. I have a Dolphin Supreme M5. I am 2nd owner of this 6 year old pool and Dolphin. The previous owners did not take good care of anything. My Dolphin does not stay in the shallow end and has a tough time going up walls. After some Internet browsing, I think it maybe a "Foam Climbing Ring" or "Track" issue? Anyone experienced anything like this? How easy is it to replace the climbing ring and tracks? I'm pretty handy, but didn't know if it's worth dissecting and saving the M5 or buying a M500?

As of now, it only cleans about half my pool because it only stays in deep end and only climbs up about 1-2' on the walls (if that) and then just spins it's tracks for about a minute before going in reverse.

Welcome to the M series thread! I know exactly what you mean. Going into season 4 this year, I was having issues as well. Check out my refurb thread, and ask anything that comes to mind. I think its worth the refurb on yours if it's still running. You can start with tracks and rings, but after seeing my bottom brush issues, I suggest you check that out as well. Even if it gets you one more season, doing all that I did is well worth the money. Something else to note, is that old fine (pleated filters) have an effect on climbing ability too. Its a flow issue, so a new set of these is likely in order as well.

Dolphin Premier M5 - 4th Season Refurb

Do you have a link? Also, is it true the difference between the M400 and M500 are really only the remote? Looking on the specs page I cannot really tell. Pool Store has M400 and will give a free 3 day demo. If I don't like I can order the 500 but the cost difference is like over 300.00, maybe 400.00. If it is really just the remote I will go with the M400 and get the basic later if needed. I doubt I will use it much except for the fact I have a bench in my pool and I may need to use it around that.

Thanks!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Do you have a link? Also, is it true the difference between the M400 and M500 are really only the remote? Looking on the specs page I cannot really tell. Pool Store has M400 and will give a free 3 day demo. If I don't like I can order the 500 but the cost difference is like over 300.00, maybe 400.00. If it is really just the remote I will go with the M400 and get the basic later if needed. I doubt I will use it much except for the fact I have a bench in my pool and I may need to use it around that.

Thanks!

No, the M5 has a bottom/center brush also, and it does help cleane the pool better, and I just witnessed that by running mine without it and a brand new one when I replaced it. I think it also helps them over drain covers and other protrusions like light niches etc. You can get the pro remote with extra running features on the M4 if I'm not mistaken though. $80-100 extra maybe?

In any event, M5/500 is top of the line before you go commercial, and that's a giant leap in price few home owners ever need, or could reasonably benefit from. I'm not sure what link you need but here is one to Maytronics.

Dolphin M500: Best Robotic Pool Cleaner For Any Pool Shape

No, the M5 has a bottom/center brush also, and it does help cleane the pool better, and I just witnessed that by running mine without it and a brand new one when I replaced it. I think it also helps them over drain covers and other protrusions like light niches etc. You can get the pro remote with extra running features on the M4 if I'm not mistaken though. $80-100 extra maybe?

In any event, M5/500 is top of the line before you go commercial, and that's a giant leap in price few home owners ever need, or could reasonably benefit from. I'm not sure what link you need but here is one to Maytronics.

Dolphin M500: Best Robotic Pool Cleaner For Any Pool Shape
Doesn't m 4 also have bottom cleaner brush?

I have an M4. It's been great. It goes everywhere, deep end, shallow end, walls, waterline. Even climbs the stairs trying to escape and it never gets hung up on the drain because it has that important centre brush. And it has the cord swivel to prevent tangling. Don't let anyone tell you these things don't matter. I can't imagine a better cleaner although I'm told the M5 is even better.

This makes me curious I must admit. With the phone app now in play, what does the M5 have that M4 does not? Will be looking forward to your review Scott. I would say if you can, you should also compare/demo it with the 300i. The more I read about them, the more interested I am. Ask pooldv in that thread where you might find one for that if this dealer doesn't have that line. He will know, as he isn't that far away.

This makes me curious I must admit. With the phone app now in play, what does the M5 have that M4 does not? Will be looking forward to your review Scott. I would say if you can, you should also compare/demo it with the 300i. The more I read about them, the more interested I am. Ask pooldv in that thread where you might find one for that if this dealer doesn't have that line. He will know, as he isn't that far away.
I think the app turns on and off and the like but cannot directly control it to go to a certain spot.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.