Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: CYA Sock?

1. Back To Top    #1

CYA Sock?

Really dumb question here. Is there a special type of sock I should use to put my cyanuric acid in or can I just grab one out of my drawer (if I can find one with out a hole) and but some cyanuric acid in it?
    Thanks
    Mike
    16500gal FG Pool, 16x40 Lesure Cariban. 2.5hp Hayward ECO VS, 325sq feet Hayward Cartridge Filter, 140k btu Hayward HeatPump, AquaPlus Automation 40k SWG

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: CYA Sock?

Well it does NEED to be a cute sock AND you have to take a picture of it so we can make sure it is cute enough LOL

You can do what I do and dig through your SO's sock drawer to find any sock that does not have a hole in it. Tube socks do work great for me but any that will hold the powder and allow water in to dissolve it will work.

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Eers,

It would be best to use a sock that you don't plan to wear the next day...

I find the best ones for me is a long athletic or gym style sock, with no holes..

Thanks,

Jim R.
    Finished in 2015 - 17K Gal, IG, 20' x 25' Almost Rectangular Pool, Pebble finish, three rockport water falls. Pentair Equipment: EasyTouch 4, IC40 SWG, 3 HP VS Pump, CCP520 Cartridge Filter.
    TF100 with SpeedStir and SampleSizer, ColorQ Pro 7, Dolphin Premier Robot Cleaner, added Screen Logic 2, added small 3 person Caldera Spa.

4. Back To Top    #4

I actually use 2 of the long white athletic socks (almost like soccer socks). Split the CYA into the 2 socks, tie them together, and then I can hang it over my brush pole out in front of the return jet.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

5. Back To Top    #5

lol thanks guys. First pool so I'm over analyzing every thing.

Kim I am from WV and you know we go bare foot most of the time so my sock choices are limited.
    Mike
    16500gal FG Pool, 16x40 Lesure Cariban. 2.5hp Hayward ECO VS, 325sq feet Hayward Cartridge Filter, 140k btu Hayward HeatPump, AquaPlus Automation 40k SWG

6. Back To Top    #6

LOL why do you think I have to steal them from my hubby???

Please feel free to ask any and all questions. We might have some fun with it but you WILL get an answer or two!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit