Pentair IntelliCenter

It looks like Pentair had the new IntelliCenter on display at the Florida trade show and they anticipate a release this summer :roll:

..... heard that before

Here's an amazingly informative video:

I gathered that it's just a panel interface upgrade, no major changes or capabilities. He didn't say it but it sounds like ScreenLogic will still be used.

It also looks like they pulled through with my request for FullFlo filters. They have cartridge, DE and Quad filters with 2-1/2"-3" ports. There is a Quad 120 now!

It looks like Pentair had the new IntelliCenter on display at the Florida trade show and they anticipate a release this summer :roll:

..... heard that before

Here's an amazingly informative video:

I gathered that it's just a panel interface upgrade, no major changes or capabilities. He didn't say it but it sounds like ScreenLogic will still be used.

It also looks like they pulled through with my request for FullFlo filters. They have cartridge, DE and Quad filters with 2-1/2"-3" ports. There is a Quad 120 now!

LAME.

Until they build in a WiFi access point, they are still stuck in 1990’s technology.

Wow, a 120.....I totally want one so I can go 2 years without ever changing my DE. 3” fittings are neat, but if no PB plumbs 3” PVC lines, I fail to see the point :scratch:

Matt,

I'm told that they are waiting for you, the last man on earth that does not use ScreenLogic, to dump his tin cans and string, so that they can move on to newer technology... :poke:

Jim R.

My recent investment in hamster-wheel powered valves has rendered ScreamLogic obsolete. If it weren’t for all these dang coyotes picking off my well-trained hamsters, I wouldn’t have such high replacement costs :rant:

LAME.

Until they build in a WiFi access point, they are still stuck in 1990’s technology.

Wow, a 120.....I totally want one so I can go 2 years without ever changing my DE. 3” fittings are neat, but if no PB plumbs 3” PVC lines, I fail to see the point :scratch:

I do most of my pools in 2.5". My own pool is all 3".

I have a lot of compensating to do

I was fiddling around on the FCC website looking for details another Pentair product and found stuff on the Intellicenter... then of course I found this thread here, love this site!

There's a bunch of info up there: photos, reports, freq range (2400 – 2480 MHz), the manual another user posted, etc. Check out these internal photos of the handheld... it's way more sophisticated than what we've got now...

https://fccid.io/P4H-ICHNDHLD/Internal-Photos/Internal-Photos-3360616

Updating Pool Automation

Hi Everyone!! I am a newb and am starting to look at some automation. We currently have a Aqua Logic automation and chlorinator and it works well. We bought a new place and the pool / spa combo with older equipment. I am looking to replace the automation controls with the need to control over the web with IPhone / laptop. Currently there is 1 pump, 1 filter, 1 heater... and actuators to change between the pool / spa... pretty basic... I am looking to keep it the same configuration, but to possible change to have the spa have it's own control for pump and heater... so I can run pool and spa functions at some time

SO question is..... can anyone mention / recommend the best newest system?

Thank you for your replies!

Any Update on the IntelliCenter?

I was dumb enough to actually buy a EasyTouch system last year, but after a bunch of TFP guys told me that the "newest and best" Intellicenter was going to come out any day after I bought my EasyTouch I spent a $100 to RETURN it hoping I could buy the Intellicenter right away. Fast forward a year and it still hasn't been released. Now since I didn't have salt water last year, I was bad about adding chlorine during the winter and had to spend additional $ to shock and now I have black stains all over my plaster :-( If I had the EasyTouch and SWG I probably would have avoided this mess too.

So now guys, again I ask. Should I wait, or just go ahead and buy the EasyTouch?

My goal is automation with alexa integration. I plan on using the Autelis with Homeseer.

Thanks!

I don't think it's worth the wait and even if you do find you can't live without the IntelliCenter whenever it's released, Pentair has given several indications that there will be an upgrade from EasyTouch to IntelliCenter.

A bird in hand is better than two in a bush............it is up to you what you do and when you do it. I would not hold out hope that "the next best thing is on the way" means it will happen anytime soon. I will also say I do not like buying new things right when they come out....I want someone else to take the hit when things don't work like they should in the beginning.

I also want to let you know that most SWG do not work below 60 or so degrees so having a SWG would not have stopped your pool from turning green.The only thing that would have stopped that is manual adding of chlorine to your pool. Just something to keep in mind for next year.

Kim TFP MOD

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
So what excactly is this intellicenter?

i resdcthe above and didn’t come away with anything?

Pentair’s attempt to build an automation system that uses technology from this century as opposed to last....still tech that’s circa mid-2000’s but at least they’re trying....

Spoke with local Pentair Rep in mid Jun2018. The rep stated "weeks" for intellicenter release. Still waiting. . . . . . . .

Pentair’s attempt to build an automation system that uses technology from this century as opposed to last....still tech that’s circa mid-2000’s but at least they’re trying....

So they use the existing Load Center and just upgrade the screen to a color touch? Surely there is more to it than that...Everything else about the Alexa and Apple Watch support is already available with the current ET and IT ScreenLogic 2.

Yes, the load center is the same. The control panel at the top would be the intelliCenter control panel instead of the Easy Touch or the IntelliTouch control Panel. Also the rep stated that he had heard that the current System Transformer (this powers the control panel/system) may be different but wasn't positive about that yet. So in other words if one wanted to upgrade their Easy Touch or IntelliTouch to the much improved IntelliCenter, you should only need to replace the control panel and possibly the system transformer. Still waiting . . . . . . . :)

Yes, the load center is the same. The control panel at the top would be the intelliCenter control panel instead of the Easy Touch or the IntelliTouch control Panel. Also the rep stated that he had heard that the current System Transformer (this powers the control panel/system) may be different but wasn't positive about that yet. So in other words if one wanted to upgrade their Easy Touch or IntelliTouch to the much improved IntelliCenter, you should only need to replace the control panel and possibly the system transformer. Still waiting . . . . . . . :)

What other features will it provide though? Don’t really matter to me what’s on the panel if I’m just going to use a smart device anyway.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.