Pentair IntelliCenter

Thanks for confirming! Looks like I'll need to run some Cat6 over to the equipment pad this weekend.

I seriously doubt that your IntelliCenter will ever come close to exceeding data transfer rates with your router of one gigabit per second. Especially since it relies on the internet to connect to the web interface. So you can probably save yourself about 20% by using cat5e. But if cat6 or even cat6a gives you a warm and fuzzy, then it's worth the added expense. :D...

Good luck on your new build. Looking forward to hearing about your experiences and looking at some photos.

We buy cat6 now for 10 dollars more per 1000’. Price isn’t really a concern anymore. Yes for cat6a it is cause of the specs. You can get cheap shielded stuff but of u really need new shielded 6a for say hdmi cause that is the best example cause of needed bandwidth for hdr and the like then the pair diameters is a maujor player and u need to spend them. But for something like the above mentions. Lay what u have and call it a day or buy what is cheapest and call it a day.

Ok, so I'm considering getting the IntelliCenter in the near future for my automation system. I was going to get the ET8 for pool and spa, and add on the SceenLogic2 to program it from my laptop, but it is tempting to go with the newest technology.

My question is will I be able to setup and program the controller from my laptop computer just as easy as if i had ScreenLogic, or will I have to stand in front of the control panel and program it on a 3"x4" touchscreen?

Of course once its programmed and running it will be nice to control it all from my phone, I just don't think I would look forward to getting to that point on a small touchscreen.

Ok, so I'm considering getting the IntelliCenter in the near future for my automation system. I was going to get the ET8 for pool and spa, and add on the SceenLogic2 to program it from my laptop, but it is tempting to go with the newest technology.

My question is will I be able to setup and program the controller from my laptop computer just as easy as if i had ScreenLogic, or will I have to stand in front of the control panel and program it on a 3"x4" touchscreen?

Of course once its programmed and running it will be nice to control it all from my phone, I just don't think I would look forward to getting to that point on a small touchscreen.

You will be able to setup and program the automation from the IntelliCenter Web Application from your desktop/laptop/tablet, as long as your IntelliCenter System Controller has internet access.

You can also program from your smart phone as well (again, as long as the IntelliCenter System Controller has internet access).

You can also program from the IntelliCenter Panel Touchscreen.

I have programmed various functions and parameters from all three.

Once all of the hardware is installed and you are ready for system start-up, I do suggest that you start out utilizing the "IntelliCenter Setup Wizard" from the panel. That will get the basics setup. I suggest that you familiarize yourself with four documents.

IntelliCenter Installation Guide
IntelliCenter User's Guide
IntelliCenter Quick Reference Guide
IntelliCenter Control System Web Application User's Guide

These four documents will answer a great many of your questions (and cause some more questions ;))

If you have any more questions, please feel free to ask.
r....

Exactly. Any new news on this? Has anyone successfully “upgraded” from EasyTouch to Intellicenter? Any info to share?
@miles267,
Yes, I upgraded a Pentair IntelliTouch Load Center to the IntelliCenter.
Please see post #1 of my Pentair IntelliCenter Review thread.
I provide detailed information on the process to upgrade to IntelliCenter.
Thanks...
r.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.