Pump replacement

May 9, 2015
Southern TN
Last season my pump (see specs below) was showing signs of going out. It was making a high-pitched scream. I could cut it off for a while and it would run ok for maybe a day or maybe a few mins. I am looking at just going ahead and replacing my pump to avoid having the pump go out during the season. The pump I have currently is 1hp. I am looking for some advice from you guys on a good replacement. I found the one I have on Amazon for $345. I will post the link to it below:

link---> Amazon.com : Hayward SP2607X10 Super Pump 1-HP Max-Rated Single-Speed Pool Pump : Swimming Pool Water Pumps : Patio, Lawn Garden

Is the same one I got sufficient enough? If I am going to replace, is there the next step up? Advice? Opinions? TIA!

The benefits are a much lower electric bill every month when you have a 2 speed pump running on low. Low speed is generally plenty of flow to circulate the water to mix chemicals and keep the surface skimmed. You only need high speed for more aggressive skimming or vacuuming.

Both Pentair and Hayward have rebates on VS Pumps right now. You may also be eligible for a utility company rebate. Consider this in comparing cost of pumps. Also, consider use as well. With a VS Pump you can do a few more things than with a dual speed pump. I run mine at 1400 RPM for most of the cleaning and filtration cycle then at 3450 RPM for a couple hours but in the morning and evening I run it at 2200 RPM for a nice gentle cascading flow off the spa into the pool creating a nice Zen effect.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.