West Palm Beach/Florida
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
So I have most likely negotiated a warranty replacement for the Intelliflo 011028 pump. However, they will most likely replace it with a 011057. I know we don’t recommend SVRS pumps.

Is this going to cause me a lot of headaches or am I overthinking things?

My other option might be a Whisperflo 011533. How much of a downgrade is that?

What RPMs did you run your 011028 pump at?

You will need to run the 011533 at higher RPM for equivalent flow.

Kato,

I have an IntelliFlo SVRS pump and hate it...

That said the pump is about 9 years old and runs like new.

If the pump senses any kind of flow surge, it will shut off.. Then it will try to restart, but most times every time it restarts, it goes into the entrapment mode again, over and over until it just gives up.

I have learned what not to do... If I shut off the air vent on the filter too quickly, the pump will shut off. If I let my water get just a little on the low side and my waterfall comes on, the pump will shut off. If I move a Jandy valve, a little too quickly, the pump will shut off.. etc.

So, I try to never to do those things, and I run the pump 24/7 so that it almost never has to go through the prime cycle. It turns out I like running 24/7 and would continue to do so, even if I had a different pump.

I guess my point is.. You can make it work, but if you have a choice, why would you install one?? :scratch:

Do you think they just happen to have that SVRS pump by accident?? No... They don't like SVRS pumps either.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I don't think you lose alot with the 011533.

You just may need to run your spa at a bit higher RPM...

1698946181940.png

I think this is the performance for your 011028...

1698946239485.png

For a typical system, increasing the pump size makes very little difference.

Below is a 5 HP Whisperflo and you can see that on a typical system the flow comes out only slightly better.

The only time that a bigger pump makes any difference is if the system is actually designed for the pump.

Basically, if you double the HP, you only get an additional 6 GPM.

At full speed....................Flow in GPM.
WhisperFlo 2.6 hp................85 GPM.
Intelliflo....................................90 GPM.
WhisperFlo 5 hp....................91 GPM.

1698950902516.png

Last edited:
I don't know pumps much at all. Just based on hanging out here I wouldn't want an SVRS. Jim has made his work, but that is no guarantee you'll be able to. Murphy's Law is clear, you'll only have trouble with an SVRS when you are away and can't baby it!!

I'd also be concerned about capability. Would the WhisperFlo have all the same features, especially connecting to Pentair automation? Maybe you don't have automation now, but can you be certain you never will? How about when you win the lotto and get really old and fat and lazy and want to add automation? Will you be able to with the WhisperFlo? The actual WhisperFlo they'll give you? (I think the WhisperFlo has evolved, but that doesn't mean you'll get one of the newer ones that integrates with Pentair automation.)

If it's a matter of waiting for the model you want to show up, you could always run a sump pump to keep the water moving. Now that temps have cooled, that shouldn't be a problem. For $50-75 you can put a sump pump into your deep end and run its hose to the shallow end. Then maintain FC manually until the pump you want comes in. A few weeks of inconvenience might be better than the headache of dealing with a pump you don't like for the next 10-20 years.

I purchased one of those pumps just to have in case of a main pump failure. And for exchanging water quickly. They're good to have on hand, so that money spent won't be wasted.

Reactions: Newdude
A few weeks of inconvenience might be better than the headache of dealing with a pump you don't like for the next 10-20 years.
7fb9f95d-8f0e-49e0-b4e8-4a8631445e6e_text.gif

This baby will cycle your pool volume in 3.08 hours for $83. (Don't *NOBODY* say the T word, or heads will roll !!! ).

Reactions: Dirk
Turns out they found an Intelliflo3.
Is that so? Imagine that. Must'a been magic!!

I think Allen called it:
Do NOT accept the 011057. They are trying to palm off on you an unsellable pump.
They "found" your IntelliFlo 3 box behind the SVRS box, like the fresh bread that gets stocked behind the day-old!
Why Consistency Matters in Real Estate: The FLOWS Advantage

----- SRVS PUMP -----

Last edited:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.