going on a rust hunt! eek!

ta2dwonderwoman

Bronze Supporter
Jul 1, 2016
fall river ks
I have been reading tons of posts and since my pool is on season 3 and getting ready to switch over to an SWG, I am going to make our "opening" process include a very thorough check for any rust...I have not seen any signs of it, but then I haven't really looked for it either...I know that when we put it up last year (we took it down the first winter and left it up this winter), I don't recall seeing any rust and I am sure my hubby/handyman would have spoken up if he had seen any...so, hoping for the best and hoping I can get my sand filter running, my pool vacuumed properly and my swg set up and ready to operate over the weekend! we hooked up the intex vacuum I got and it is not doing a thing...I assume my current pump that came with the pool is not able to operate it, so hoping like crazy that the new pump fixes that issue! also noticed a lot of water escaping at one of the couplings, so will try to address that also and maybe that is enough to fix the problem...overall, lots of work to get done and ready for a new year with new things to learn!

:snorkle:

I told hubby he will have to get stuff and treat any little spots we find! frankly, we paid $450.00 for the pool on year end close out, so I feel like I have gotten more than my moneys worth already...anything now is just learning and trying to see what I can pull off so that when I am ready to upgrade, I will be ready to do it like a boss!

THANKS TFP AND ALL OF YOU THAT HAVE HELPED, ADVISED AND GUIDED ME ALONG THIS PATH!

I assume my current pump that came with the pool is not able to operate it, so hoping like crazy that the new pump fixes that issue! also noticed a lot of water escaping at one of the couplings, so will try to address that also and maybe that is enough to fix the problem.

My 1600 gph pump would barely run it. I would consider 2500 gph the minimum to get it to function well. The more pump, the better it will work.

As for the leaks at the couplings, it's designed that way so that they can rotate freely. Otherwise the hose will get all twisted up and the robot (we call him Wally) will get stuck in one spot. Don't try to fix the leaks.

My 1600 gph pump would barely run it. I would consider 2500 gph the minimum to get it to function well. The more pump, the better it will work.

As for the leaks at the couplings, it's designed that way so that they can rotate freely. Otherwise the hose will get all twisted up and the robot (we call him Wally) will get stuck in one spot. Don't try to fix the leaks.

I have a 2500 gph pump now, will be switching over to 2800 gph pump over the weekend if all goes as expected. as far as the leaks go, I know that there is supposed to be some of that going on, but the specific coupling I am talking about has a full blown fountain type leak going on...it definitely needs to be addressed to get it back down to the expected level of leak :)

I work for a company based in Edmond :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.