Rust issues on AGP

Not sure of your diy ability/willingness but with a couple people it’s not a terrible job. Certainly worth considering if it will save you $1300.
The current condition of the pool isn’t terrible & doesn’t look unstable or like it needs immediate replacement.
Perhaps peeling back the liner a little for a look at the inside of the wall might be a good idea to determine if the rust is only on the surface of the outside or coming from within. You may be able to get by with some repairs/rust remediation/paint for quite a while.
Although I totally understand your disappointment with the product for what you paid (doughboys ain’t cheap). You may just want to ride it out a while longer & then go with a different kind of pool next time. Sorry you’re having issues it seems to be a universal problem these days with steel walled pools. The longevity just isn’t there anymore.

Reactions: Newdude
Now the pool store we bought our pool from, said he thinks my problem is having a beaded liner, and through splashing and when heavy rains, water is getting between the liner and wall...
It’s for sure that water is getting behind there. Curious what a beaded liner is.

Now the pool store we bought our pool from, said he thinks my problem is having a beaded liner, and through splashing and when heavy rains, water is getting between the liner and wall...
Unless there is something wrong with your bead receiver or the liner bead itself there should be no problem & water from the pool shouldn’t be getting inbetween there. It should be snapped in snugly.
That’s a bunch of baloney & them trying to blame you/put the blame on something other than their product as they don’t manufacture the liners they sell. Unless your yard flooded up to the bead receiver/overlap on the outside of the pool that’s not really possible. As plumbers like to say, water don’t run uphill.
There’s a bagillion Inground pools with beaded liners.
IMG_7782.jpeg
The fact is that in the southern United States above ground pools sweat due to temp differences in the water in the pool & the ambient air temp - that’s how the moisture is getting in. Their wall strengthening/coating process is obviously not robust enough to tolerate this. I imagine it won’t be long before Doughboy rescinds/re- works its “lifetime” warranty language. The manufacturing process of steel walled above ground pools is no longer like it once was. The materials (metals) & coatings are just not the same anymore. They are just riding on their long standing reputation now & still charging for that. The days of a steel walled above ground pool lasting 20+ years is over. Its not all their fault, the coatings that used to be used are just simply no longer the same ir available. Similar to what happened to pool paint - they aren’t allowed to use some of the ingredients that make it last anymore. The steel available today is not as it was many years ago either.

When this happened before did you inspect the liner after removing it to see if it had any pinholes? In the dark with a flashlight 🔦
That’s the only other explanation for the damage I see.

Reactions: Bperry and Newdude
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.