18x36 lagoon build in Massachusetts

May 19, 2016
Massachusetts
Finalizing the details for our pool build here in Massachusetts. We interviewed and got quotes from three builders in the area and finally settled on what we think is the best one. We are going with a vinyl lagoon, 8' deep end , salt system etc.
I've gotten a lot of great info from the site over the past year, reading all the extensive build threads etc. could you guys please look at the proposal and let me know if anything looks "off" or needs changing?
Thanks,
Wayne
IMG_2327.jpg

Oh what fun! You are going to LOVE having a pool!

Here are a couple of things that stand out to me:

-pump-no real info on it. Need model to know 1 speed? 2 speed? veri speed? Makes a big difference

-filter-again no real info. Know it is sand (which I love so that is good) but that is all of the info.

-300 watt light-grand, kind, etc?

If you have been reading you know what I am going to ask for next................PICTURES!!!! Got to have my pictures please!

So glad you are letting us help spend your money!

Kim:kim:

Wayne,

Welcome to TFP... A Great resource for all your new pool building questions... :shark:

If you are getting the EasyTouch and IC40 SWCG, it would be almost criminal not to go with the Intelliflo pump. The whole point of having automation is being able to control your system remotely by using ScreenLogic.

You will want to be able to control the speed of your pump so you can run slow when generating chlorine and faster when skimming, etc.

The EasyTouch will not control the speed of any 1.5 HP pumps that I am aware of...

Don't be tricked into thinking that 3 HP is too much. While it would be for any single speed pump, for a variable speed pump the 3 HP is MAX HP, something that you will not be using 99% of the time.

Wait, What!!!... I wrote all that before I saw the "upgrade to the Intelliflo pump".... My heart can now go back to its normal rhythm... :calm:

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.

Jim,
thanks for the input. Appreciate all I can get! You are Correct, pump is upgraded to inteliflow variable speed. I will find out which one(assuming there are multiple models).

Kim,
thanks for the reply and warm welcome. We had upgraded The lights to the Pentair Globe rite combo LEDs. There will be 3 in the pool and one in the spa. I will get the pictures going once it all starts, but for now here is a shot of the backyard before the magic happens.
IMG_1034.JPG

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.