Vegas OB! Just got plans back and need some feedback (pics included :) )

Hey Will,

My home is in Southern Highlands, Las Vegas and I am ready to get started on going OB with a pool and spa. Was hoping for any direction/guidance you have.

1. Can you recommend someone for plans/drawings?
2. Do you have a list of subs you can send me for bids? And recommendations...

Thank you in advance!! I'll start a thread of my progress once I get going :)

Hey Will,

My home is in Southern Highlands, Las Vegas and I am ready to get started on going OB with a pool and spa. Was hoping for any direction/guidance you have.

1. Can you recommend someone for plans/drawings?
2. Do you have a list of subs you can send me for bids? And recommendations...

Thank you in advance!! I'll start a thread of my progress once I get going :)

Sent you a email :)

The cell stops producing at 55 degrees but you can remove yours whenever you feel like it....or just leave it be. The water temps fluctuate enough through the winter that the cell will kick back in on occasion and provide a little bump in chlorine. I think I added 2 gallons through the entire last winter.

The cell stops producing at 55 degrees but you can remove yours whenever you feel like it....or just leave it be. The water temps fluctuate enough through the winter that the cell will kick back in on occasion and provide a little bump in chlorine. I think I added 2 gallons through the entire last winter.

Thanks Brian!
So you leave yours on and connected the whole winter? Our winter is not super cold but we have a few weeks we're the temps are in the 30's. and is there any benefit to taking the time to take it out

No need to remove the cell.

You can either just go into your EasyTouch and turn off the Pool circuit and create a Feature Circuit for daily circulation (that way your SWCG will not power up when your pump runs) or you can continue to use your Pool circuit and reduce the Intellichlor setting to 0.

You should test your water every few days and manage the chemistry levels as usual.

I do the Feature Circuit process. My water will be at 60 by about December 1 and then back above it about mid-February.

Take care.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
So we just went back to pick some more stone from the bench and would love some feedback. Let me know which stone you like best. I would like to keep a more high end look in the back yard that flows with the current decking.
First one
7bed01881d64a97aa9bb9c452fcc35d4-1.jpg

Second choice
c1384c155dfb1dddcf37744681fdddf4-1.jpg

And a picture of the bench
e63d9425dfde25f3bfae30c81200362b-1.jpg

What color is your pool? I really like the look of it. Thanks.

So let me give a little background because I know some may be curious ....
So after doing the pool we took a break from all outside work and my wife wanted to redo the floors on our brand new house that we just did a year ago [emoji20]. So we re did the floors and had to get a new dining table to match and possibly new curtains and paint and entertainment center and so on blah blah blah.... my bank account has hypertension and is stressed out the last 6 months lol
So now it’s my turn and I want to finish the bench and add some landscaping but because my wife changed everything I figured that’s what I’m supposed to do as well so now my bench and trees has turned into a firpit a raised planter with grass and potentially a outdoor grill for the back. On the side I am going to do stone with grass between as a Pattern going down the side of my house and then I figured I should continue to the front because it felt right and I’m not a fan of desert landscaping so we are extending the pavers and making a walkway on one end of the house and on the other we (I) are adding stairs grass , palm trees, 2 retaining walls for the different level and extending the front patio :).
They started the work and I will post some before and after photos and they should be done early next week and hopefully before I head out of town again. I think the hardest part has been trying to decide what palm trees I want and where they are going to go . Tomorrow I go to the nursery to pick them out and I hope I choose great locations lol

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.