Vegas OB! Just got plans back and need some feedback (pics included :) )

Is that a rock in there with him? Love when the kids use there minds...

Sorry for the delay, I fell asleep. I forgot how tired and hungry you feel after you swim lol.
So now for a quick story- so everyone is swimming and my little One is not listening so my wife makes him get out of the pool. He goes in the house and come back 30 minutes later and says that he doesn't need the pool he can have his own fun. So we get out the pool we go looking for him and we can't find at first in any of the bedrooms, then I noticed a strobe light coming from the game room and this is how we find him.

He took a huge box and dragged it upstairs and made a fort and put up his strobe light and went to sleep Hahahaha

- - - Updated - - -

The sound system will be awesome! What is it? Sonos? I have Sonos and it is great but expensive...

So today I'm having my outdoor and indoor surround system hooked up as well as having my full motion outdoor tv mount installed and a extra plug. Also doing some more home audio around the house .
The guy doing it is excellent and is from the San Diego area and travels for jobs.
I must say technology has come a long way and being able to play a different song indoor and outdoor from your phone is pretty cool. And as always some pics so you know it's real. If you need work done this is another sub I would highly recommend
Pool first thing this morning. ( went on a 20 mile ride and jumped right in and it felt good in the Vegas sun )

Outdoor plug and mount

Outdoor speakers

What a great set up! Pool look awesome & refreshing[emoji5]
Thanks! It truly is and days like today make me appreciate how blessed I am to be able to have the things we have.
Awesome! I'm going to send my mom over to check it out! She lands Thursday! Haha Everything looks amazing. I also love the color coordinated noodles and ball.
She has an open invitation lol. And the noodles were on accident I think, all I need is my handy googles so I can see under water and get no water in my eyes.
Nice will! What kinda tv did u get for outside? I always hated installing the full motion brackets. They weight more than panels anymore. Looks really good. What is the audio plan for multiple zones you mentioned? What r u using for control from the phone?

So the tv that's out here now is from a spare room upstairs just to make sure everything was working and to entertain myself and the guest for the night. I just got out the pool and I'm watching a movie while others are still in the pool and can still see it which is nice, came out better than I expected. The actual tv is going to be a outdoor tv Sarah brand I think it's called, I'm not as tech savvy so forgive me if I butcher the names .
The guy got me a 11.2 zone merants receiever and a total control remote to control outside and inside. There is also a app for the receiver that I can control everything with that I'm learning how to use. Hopefully this answers your questions

Few more pictures from today, and Suz I'm so sorry I missed the sunset from the mountains cause I was swimming but I will take one tomorrow
Firstset up

As soon as the tv was up and wires ran the boys grabbed some popcorn and starting watching

Multiple kids in the pool and meat on the grill

Current shot, some in the pool and a few of us watching a movie

Will- I have been on vacation and then had family visiting so I am just catching up around here. Oh my gosh!!! It turned out SO gorgeous. I can not believe how much sparkle you got and the water color is just perfect, it reminds me so much of mine but way more sparkle!! I know you are just thrilled and I love all the pictures of the kids. Our house has definitely been the go to house for friends and family this summer too and I love it. Congrats on a fabulous build.

Linz

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
You guys are gonna have so many great memories! I know where all the summer (warm weather) Birthday parties are gonna be[emoji322]
Yes sir, my kids have already planned out for the next year lol. Also I been closely following your build for the automation and bubbles in return. I had a few and it was because water dropped below middle of skimmer line
It's all coming together nicely Will! That todo list is getting smaller everyday.
Only a few more things to go. Next is to finish the bench then fireplace/pizza oven and outdoor kitchen and landscaping. Almost there lol.... sounds like a lot when I type it all out :/
Now that's what i am talking about, burgers on the grill, pool, TV and music. Life can''t get any better:cheers:
Agreed. The adult food came later (steaks & pork chops)
That's what it's all about - Your whole project turned out great - congrats!
Thanks!
did the kids ever leave the tv? lol looks great man! the grill pic makes me want to make some burgers for lunch!
They were in and out of the pool and watching tv. They also watched it from the spa
Will! You did it! You have THE house everyone wants to come over to! I love it!
And I welcome everyone with open arms :). I will always know where my kids are at
Kim:kim:

Will- I have been on vacation and then had family visiting so I am just catching up around here. Oh my gosh!!! It turned out SO gorgeous. I can not believe how much sparkle you got and the water color is just perfect, it reminds me so much of mine but way more sparkle!! I know you are just thrilled and I love all the pictures of the kids. Our house has definitely been the go to house for friends and family this summer too and I love it. Congrats on a fabulous build.

Linz
Thanks so much! I love your build and water and I'm so glad mine came out like yours .

I have a question I'm hoping a few people can chime in on .
1. Right now my VSP is set to run from 10am-8pm at 2320 rpm with a prime of 2600rpm for max 1 min. Does this seem correct? If not could you tell me what I should be at? I also run spa mode (no spillway for 30 mins twice a day , once before pool runs and once after)
2. I hate water in my eyes so I love googles lol. I have bought a few pairs and they both were horrible. I would like a pair that's comfortable on my face , won't fall off, won't get water inside , and won't fog. I'm open to ALL suggestions and don't mind investing in a nice pair since I will use EVERY time I swim
Thanks in advance

I can't help on your VSP setting (wish I had one so I could), since I have a 2-speed pump. That is good you run the spa a couple of times a day. Do you also run your sheer decent and deck jets each day? My PB's set-up guy programmed my water features to run 5 minutes automatically everyday. Now, my features have their own pump, so if yours are on another pump that runs regularly anyway, then no worries. He said it was to keep the pipes and pump clear and running some chlorine through them.

Your best resource person for goggles might be back_yard_lap_pool. I would ask him! My two sons swam competitively, so I know it a good comfortable fit has to do with personal preference. The rimless ones were big at one time when they swam, but my guys hated those - really hurt if you got them pressed in well enough not to leak. I'll look on Amazon and try to find the ones they like the best. I even use them, and I'm very picky about goggles since I have a narrow face. But these work on my big guys and me, so they must fit many face shapes. Still, lap pool guy is a pro and would know what's out there currently.

Thanks so much for sharing all the fun times your family is having - already! - with your pool. It's really fun to see - I can't wait to open your thread each day! I also want to hear how your wife is enjoying it? Or is she too busy hostessing for all the kids?!!!
Mama Suz

Here is a pair on Amazon similar to what we use. The bridge is adjustable which ours aren't. That might be better for you, since you ARE Big Will! I just read again, and the nose pieces (bridge) have interchangeable pieces for sizing. I think that's better than adjustable.

Swimming Goggles ,Triathlon Glasses Anti Fog Shatterproof UV Protection,No Leaking with Silicone Nose Clip Ear Plugs and Protection Case Swimming Goggles Suit for Men Women Kids-Best Swim Goggles https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XV8YRXY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_7XOuzbTTT6JEB

Here's a picture of our goggles. You can see the Speedo insignia, but other makers probably have similar models. The pink are a youth size and white are adult. The size difference didn't show well in my picture. As you can see, one has clear lenses, the other sunglass lenses.

I can't help on your VSP setting (wish I had one so I could), since I have a 2-speed pump. That is good you run the spa a couple of times a day. Do you also run your sheer decent and deck jets each day? My PB's set-up guy programmed my water features to run 5 minutes automatically everyday. Now, my features have their own pump, so if yours are on another pump that runs regularly anyway, then no worries. He said it was to keep the pipes and pump clear and running some chlorine through them.

Your best resource person for goggles might be back_yard_lap_pool. I would ask him! My two sons swam competitively, so I know it a good comfortable fit has to do with personal preference. The rimless ones were big at one time when they swam, but my guys hated those - really hurt if you got them pressed in well enough not to leak. I'll look on Amazon and try to find the ones they like the best. I even use them, and I'm very picky about goggles since I have a narrow face. But these work on my big guys and me, so they must fit many face shapes. Still, lap pool guy is a pro and would know what's out there currently.

Thanks so much for sharing all the fun times your family is having - already! - with your pool. It's really fun to see - I can't wait to open your thread each day! I also want to hear how your wife is enjoying it? Or is she too busy hostessing for all the kids?!!!
Mama Suz

So my water features are on my main pump so the pump gets used daily, however, I think it's a great idea to run water through those pipes daily so the water isn't stagnate. I will be setting up my feature now to do that, thanks for the tip.
I just ordered the googles so thanks for that as well. It's funny how you don't think of all the little things . This forum is so extremely helpful and I appreciate all the great folks here

Were the prime rpm's already programmed? I think that's about what mine was set at. As far as the other questions, I'm only going by what the automation guy did on mine...
He set mine up to run at 1400 rpm (circulation speed) from 9pm-6am and then I have a suction side cleaner that he set to run at 2640 from 6am-10am, you may have in floor or a robot though.

I'm interested in seeing what other people recommend.

Hey Will, I know you already saw this, but I'm posting it here so your followers can see some other options. Hope you don't mind. Haha! You probably already ordered these next ones. Heck, I may too - they look awesome.

This was the recommendation from back_yard_lap_pool. If you don't know, he's the one building the 85k gallon, 85ft lap pool. This guy should know his swim goggles, right?!

His quote when we asked: "Ha! I'm far from an goggle expert or connoisseur but I'm partial to the Aqua Sphere products. Kaimans for lap swimming and Kayennes for open water. I figure goggles are a fairly face-shape specific item though so I would try some on before buying."

He likes these for open water swimming.

And these for lap swimming. These happen to be women's.

Were the prime rpm's already programmed? I think that's about what mine was set at. As far as the other questions, I'm only going by what the automation guy did on mine...
He set mine up to run at 1400 rpm (circulation speed) from 9pm-6am and then I have a suction side cleaner that he set to run at 2640 from 6am-10am, you may have in floor or a robot though.

I'm interested in seeing what other people recommend.

I believe the prime was already set but I'm not sure. I just want to make sure I'm using my pump in the most cost effective way that is still good for cleaning the pool

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.