Vegas OB! Just got plans back and need some feedback (pics included :) )

Will your pics should still be there for you to get back. I think they are just blocking 3rd party use. You can bring them over to TFP's photo gallery.

:shock: grill IN the pool????? ummmmm nope! Please tell me that some one got the grill out and tried to clean up the bigger pieces of charcoal. gurrrrrrrrrr

Kim:kim:
I will need to sit at my computer one day when I have time and figure that out. I had the PB app on my phone so it made it easy to post everything from my phone :(
My neighbor pulled the grill out before I got home and fished out the big pieces of charcoal then the hulk did the rest
Hey Big Will,
Loved your pool but cannot see pics anymore. Can you Pm me some finished? Lover your decking and stone venner, what type and brand were the stone paver/tile and stone veneer on wall and spa. Thanks so much, hope your enjoying.
Sam

Pm sent! Hopefully the pictures came through. I forgot to put that the spa is a quartzite rust flagstone.

I have a question for my water experts. I have barely had to use any MA in my pool to keep the PH down and have used very little chlorine . From everything I read people are using tons of this stuff the first month.....
I do feel confident about my testing and I follow all the threads like ctrav that are currently testing. Could I be doing something wrong or have you heard of this happening with new pebble where numbers don't fluctuate much?
Please advise

I THINK with yours it is the amount of beads and shells used. That has left every little of the plaster showing through so not as much to cure.

Do you have your SWG turned on yet? I would THINK with your high swimmer load your would be going through some FC.

You might be living right and your pool will be an extra easy one to care for! Next time you test post up the results and we will go through them.

Kim may be right about all your beads and shells. You practically have an all tile pool! Are you logging or tracking your test results and pool chems added? It would help us if we can get a better picture of what your results have been and the amounts of each of the chems you have been adding. Ctrav's pool is behaving like most new plaster pools in the hot, hot, sunny summer. Are you using the PoolMath app, or do you like pencil and paper (like Kim and me). I have a log on Excel you can use if you like, and others have made logs, also. You can find those by searching in the TFP search bar.

I would imagine your pool would be green by now if you had missed the mark on the chlorine. Still, it sounds fishy (as long as it doesn't smell fishy!). Maybe IMAZ or one of the other TFP Vegas people could come over for some beverages and snacks; then ya'll could do the tests together for tips and a double check.

I'm glad you like the cheapo goggles (that I once posted a picture on your thread, thank you PhotoPhail). I should have measured the two pairs I have. One pair is definitely larger than the other. Amazon has only a million goggles. Once you're done with this round of goggle 'try-outs', you can also search for more that are similar but larger than the ones that make the cut.

Mama Suz

So I was just telling IMAZ that I added som MA today just to make sure I would get a different reading. I was holding steady at 7.6 and today after adding some I'm at 7.2 so I at least know I'm testing correctly cause it changed. My TA did come down from 120 to 90 after adding the recommendation from pool math app.
Suz I use the app only so far since it keeps the log and is very user friendly . My last test results(this morning)
FC- 5
Cc-.5
CYA- 50
TA- 90
CH- 325
Ph-7.2
CSI- -.36
Let me know if you see something wrong. And pretty much my numbers have stayed the same with very little MA and only 2 gallons of bleach in the last 2 weeks

Also something strange which I run by IMAZ almost daily is my pool doesn't heat up past 85-86 degrees and I'm in Vegas with almost full sun ALL day. IMAZ pool gets past 90 and that's where I would like mine, any suggestions here as well?....

Will talk to T about how often he runs his water features and compare it to how often yours are run.

Water features can do two things to a pool-push PH up and cool a pool.

Lets keep comparing and talking this through. We might be able to figure out what the differences are.

I run my waterfall 10 mins a day and just barely started once I heard Mama Suz talk about it. Then I run the spa spillway for 30 mins daily to filter and circulation for the spa. Every morning my pool starts off about 5-6 degrees colder than his and my pump runs from 10am-8pm

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Also something strange which I run by IMAZ almost daily is my pool doesn't heat up past 85-86 degrees and I'm in Vegas with almost full sun ALL day. IMAZ pool gets past 90 and that's where I would like mine, any suggestions here as well?....

If it makes you feel better, my pebble is darker than yours and mine hasn't gotten over 88 all summer. My pool is in full sun until about 5pm

I'm thinking you should be the 'poster child' for plaster companies to sell more beads. I certainly would pay for the amount you used if it cuts down on chemicals and keeps the pool cooler!

As I said before, this would really worry me if your pool wasn't so clear.

Maybe this is a question for OnBalance or Chemgeek?

- - - Updated - - -

If it makes you feel better, my pebble is darker than yours and mine hasn't gotten over 88 all summer. My pool is in full sun until about 5pm

Is it the hot and dry climate affecting the water temp - evaporative cooling? Goodness knows, we don't have THAT down here in humid Houston!

I'm thinking you should be the 'poster child' for plaster companies to sell more beads. I certainly would pay for the amount you used if it cuts down on chemicals and keeps the pool cooler!

As I said before, this would really worry me if your pool wasn't so clear.

Maybe this is a question for OnBalance or Chemgeek?

- - - Updated - - -

My water is crystal clear all day long. Im so curious about all this and I would just like a logical explanation lol.
I would love to hear onbalance take on all this.
I got the darker plaster in hopes that my water would be warm along with the color it brings. My pool is 4ft-7ft deep if that helps.
I tested my water and everything is maintaining the same as this morning

Seems like a good problem to have...I'm using so much bleach Walmart stock is skyrocketing :cool:

I have a question for my water experts. I have barely had to use any MA in my pool to keep the PH down and have used very little chlorine . From everything I read people are using tons of this stuff the first month.....
I do feel confident about my testing and I follow all the threads like ctrav that are currently testing. Could I be doing something wrong or have you heard of this happening with new pebble where numbers don't fluctuate much?
Please advise

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.