Optimal Run Time

Kit

Bronze Supporter
Mar 10, 2016
Medford, Oregon
I have a general question. I have a PentAir IntelliFlo variable speed 3-HP pump. I am curious as to how long the pump would have to run at 1800 rpm for one complete exchange of water in a 2.350-galon spa? Is there is a basic flow rate to calculate this?

Finally, is there a recommended number of times the water should be exchanged daily for good filtration?

Thank you so much.

Kit

Turnover as such is really not that important. What is important is that you get enough chlorine in the water with proper circulation. But given the size of the spa, you probably won't need more than an hour a day of run time for just circulation as long as the SWG can produce enough FC in that time period. Any additional run time would be for skimming the surface but since you have an auto cover I don't suspect you would need much run time for that.

Pool School - Determine Pump Run Time

Forgot to mention that this time of year, I can get away with 1 hour per day myself and my pool is 4x larger than your spa. In the summer, I run for 4-5 hours per day but that is really only because of solar. Otherwise, I would only be running 1-2 hours per day on low speed as I am now.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.