New Northeastern Pa Build

ok i needed a night off from the pool. we figured out paver square footage and numbers so i can order them tomorrow and we shot the property line for height so i can start my property wall line. i just didn't have it in me to start it tonight.

so i did some prep for the beach trip. fishing of course. i am trying to teach myself how to throw a casting net this year so i can catch my own bait. not a bad start i think. i got the rough technique down. now i just need to fine tune it.

jim

Thanks so much for being a supporter! You just helped to keep TFP alive and well making sure pools are trouble free!

Good for you on at least 2 counts! You ordered those fun and important goodies to keep your pool clean and beautiful. And.... you are taking a much needed break from all the hard work and focus on the build. Clear the head, rest the muscles, rejuvenate the soul!!

Ooooo, a beach trip. Catching your own bait - pretty cool stuff for you! And for us?? More fun fishing pictures to see! I'm looking forward to seeing those of you casting that net!

i'm going to look like an idiot in the surf trying to do it. i'm short to begin with so i'm going to not be able to go in far to throw and i can't seem to get a nice open net going, but it was my first night with it.

no prob about supporting. i have been meaning to for months and i never got around to it. i was suppose to order my kit pages ago too!

i can't wait to get down to NC. what i love about the beach down there vs up by me is there are no lifeguards so you can fish all day. so what we usually do is if one of the neighbors are not outside we use their beach front to setup shop. keep our poles soaking and play wit the kids. if we see a hit we bolt over to the poles. we only throw out small bait during the day so we don't attach anything very toothy. ya know what i mean. you do grab a ray here and there, but they r smaller and they r always swimming around you in the water and you don't even know.

i hope its a good surf fishing year. last trip was decent. the one before that was awesome! tons of panfish. lots of non stop action. light action but fun!

jim

Thanks so much for being a supporter! You just helped to keep TFP alive and well making sure pools are trouble free!

Good for you on at least 2 counts! You ordered those fun and important goodies to keep your pool clean and beautiful. And.... you are taking a much needed break from all the hard work and focus on the build. Clear the head, rest the muscles, rejuvenate the soul!!

Ooooo, a beach trip. Catching your own bait - pretty cool stuff for you! And for us?? More fun fishing pictures to see! I'm looking forward to seeing those of you casting that net!

I am glad you got it all ordered! Becky said she had a blast talking to you! :hug:

Kim:kim:

thanks again kim. i appreciate it the help!

- - - Updated - - -

Jim, you didn't get your discount for becoming a TFP supporter! I'll refund your credit card so you are sure to get your discount. Thanks for the support and business! :pirat:

hey there! thanks again for the help yesterday! oh thanks a lot, i didn't even realize! i appreciate it very much.

jimi

- - - Updated - - -

^^^^^^^^^^there IT is! The customer service that I talk about all of the time!!! Second to none!!!

ya deff for sure!!!!!

ok today. . .

my dad and myself hit the small retaining wall. got the first course in and backfilled. working on trying to get dirt better sloped and such. tomorrow i'll throw the caps on. looks so much better then when i did it 8 years ago. i have grown and my skills have deff improved. i'm happy with the result for a quick install on just dirt. again it's just a property marker and to hold back my raised elevation from the empty lot. keeps the brush at bay also.

tile got started today. my italian main man is back on the job. lol. he spent the day setting up his work space. got the tile line all shot and his level board line set. then he showed me how he likes the tile to sit so the grout and mud line between the tile and coping is as even and small as possible. he likes to sit he tile like 1/4" or so higher than the bond beam. that way the coping almost sits on the top of the tile so. . . . then proceeded to show me how the unite guys did a good job but had a bunch of high spots. so he spent a bunch of hours grinding the bond beam all even. prepped it also for the coping. so tomorrow is all tile work. said he would rather loose the whole day prepping so he can just run tile tomorrow and not go back and forth fixing issues.

so his plan is 2 days tile and then about 3 days coping cause he is totally on his own.

i feel bad, but i'm also happy cause i trust him and would rather no other hands on it.

i told him i will carry the coping and get it setup for him so it saves him bull work. so tomorrow i'll get orders from him on where i'm putting coping. he said he likes to do it from inside the pool so i'm assuming i'm piling in the low end by the wet saw.

no pics. sorry. way too much dust wit the grinder to take my rig outside for pics.

tomorrow. . .

jim

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Ok I got all kinds of questions:

1. So my plaster is scheduled for the 15th. That will give me 24 days of brushing before I go away. The week I go what should I do for brushing. Can I let it go or should I have the pool builder or someone brush at least 1 time a day?

2. Before plaster I know hey seal around all the returns and drains and such with hydrolic cement. When do they actually dress the returns and drains? Day of plaster? After? Before?

3. After plaster do they need to seal aroundxthem again with sealant of is it just plaster?

4. Chlorine in liquid till I getcthe salt on. What kind and what percent do I look for in it?

5. Acid. I. An use either percent right? The high or low one but need more if low? What percents were they again?

thanks'

1. So that will be 3weeks of brushing...I say see how much, if any, plaster dust you are seeing at the end of the second week. If none or very little don't worry about it. IF you are still seeing quite a bit then hire someone to come brush while you are gone.

2-3. Will have to check to check on but don't think they really do anything special with.

4. What easy for you get to? Pool store? Wal-Mart, Target? Pool stores have 11 while stores have 8 percent. BUT if it not easy to get to...

5.go for the 31 acid. Lowe's sells it outside by the pool stuff.

You want to think about where you are going to store the m. acid. It should not be by metal as it will cause it to rust. It and chlorine do not play well together as well......several people get a small plastic cabinet that locks to kid kiddos safe.

1. So that will be 3weeks of brushing...I say see how much, if any, plaster dust you are seeing at the end of the second week. If none or very little don't worry about it. IF you are still seeing quite a bit then hire someone to come brush while you are gone.

2-3. Will have to check to check on but don't think they really do anything special with.

4. What easy for you get to? Pool store? Wal-Mart, Target? Pool stores have 11 while stores have 8 percent. BUT if it not easy to get to...

5.go for the 31 acid. Lowe's sells it outside by the pool stuff.

You want to think about where you are going to store the m. acid. It should not be by metal as it will cause it to rust. It and chlorine do not play well together as well......several people get a small plastic cabinet that locks to kid kiddos safe.

kim. thanks!

i can get to any of those places. so what's my best bet?

i assume in pool calculator i tell it what percent bleach i'm using so it knows how much for me to add along wit the acid? i'll check lowers tomorrow.

how much acid should i grab to begin with you thinking? no idea where i'm going to put all this stuff cause i got no pool house yet. i'll just put them in the garage i guess. my kids won't go near it. they r good like that.

I grabbed 4 gallons of each for my first run of chlorine and acid. Walmart sells both as well.
Get the pool math app and it will tell you right on your phone how much to use, it also lets you put the strength of the chemicals your using and makes adjustments for you

I grabbed 4 gallons of each for my first run of chlorine and acid. Walmart sells both as well.
Get the pool math app and it will tell you right on your phone how much to use, it also lets you put the strength of the chemicals your using and makes adjustments for you

i got the app. Good to know. Sweet! Thanks man!

Thanks kim. I'm all good. As long as I know I can use pretty much anything out there. If I get a chance I'll get to lowes today. I have to drive to phili today to grab another box of tile. We are a little short for steps. Plus I want extra for future.

So back into the car for the day. Yippie

today was interesting. worked, drove to phili, picked up tile, back in car within 5 mins, dropped off tile to tile guy, met service guy for my bar ice maker, cleaned ice maker after he was done, and started to clean our shower tile that i do with liquid poultice every 6 months.

holy cow!

tomorrow is grout day for tile and prep for coping. reshoot bond beam and sand down high spots so the coping sits almost right on tile. today they did the steps wit the tile and mickey markers.

all i can say is wow! looks awesome! i didn't take pics yet. i got to eat first since i didn't yet. . . today!

jim

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.