Welcome to the swamp!

Have you tried to just use the TFP method to clean it up without using flocculant ?? I know I used to use it as part of the "try this" from the pool store but since switching over to TFP I've found I don't need it.

I think a cover actually does a fair amount in terms of helping to open to clear water. Both sunlight and debris (organics) consume chlorine, so keeping those two away from your water will definitely prevent algae growth by keeping chlorine levels higher. Also, by shielding from the sun the water temp will stay below 60 longer. I raised mine to shock level at close last year and opened last weekend to an FC level of 6.5. I can't imagine I would have had anywhere near that level if I did not cover.

Got the multivalve fixed and the polaris doing a great job. I don't know what the pool man did, but the multivalve is MUCH more quiet than it used to be.

X9PHLg3AnrthpQyM4q4MogTH8FkqtLhzK0y5uunNcUse5cQSlvNsdqUSrtGF4dflkK5skDwhXpEH2DJxmk3MJoevBICWigXv0WZK_YApFjuom0RvdPkitoRvadPcUXc3fXkziz4cKd9hs8a8FTbeoVgMrB4IaRPHpPlmGUWW1vr02ZIDZNzB4DYm6SDNnmrsEZX_jb9MyQctccxxK-QRojcV3uy6f_XdAXeKi8PFR9SNMQex4Od7c2YZzKttys1qNvaCNqGcmjBpy3MhRLUKLP6IjX4QMRHckOqcFi26QEAPmZZNFdn2IMr5yEM6f4jLNH73w8oRzlHvYhVKZp-4dLe5aSKwual9pRNLXIjVRkl8tXqXkKd11ydk1fgkqJiobwxWQpABw-bK5Ct3LAUs_C_3o-s0rlgPZMdPHKeym5UFMIBo628QR5W9Ua-WEj84RdaH81e48I_qxi7I2D-UunmIXeOqcCJiCf1drzwhHkcLCAGDWDQEUMoL_vqZJVOqzRv25HxkhrbEEn3Deji8QPlcOHHxLdnHV6L9b1oogVdpMffVA1l3bjOpfVg2GS9XGpP6ncaT1pHduamunm1l7h9g0ClyGdQ=w992-h1322-no

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.