Solar starting up

May 2, 2016
Vacaville, CA
Hi,
I am a new home owner which came with a pool and solar heating. The solar was winterized and I want to get it started working; without having to pay the solar company to come out to do it.
My pool is 24000 gal
Controller: Pentair Sun Touch
Filter Model: Pentair Clean and clear Plus
Filter Pump: Pentair Intelliflo VS pump
The pool inspection regarding solar condition noted: "manual valves and valve actuator closed for solar, valve actuator manual toggle switch not working." Not sure if that is a factor in getting solar back running.

So, how do I get solar out of winterize and working?

Chances are winterized just means draining, maybe blowing out with air, and shutting valves, as to the manual switch you may want to check to see if the breaker powering the solar controller was turned off.

Chances are winterized just means draining, maybe blowing out with air, and shutting valves, as to the manual switch you may want to check to see if the breaker powering the solar controller was turned off.
Yes, there are the valves, one going to the solar panels, one returning to the pump. I am wondering if it's as simple as opening them back up. I don't know what the actuator is. Then program the solar on the SunTrust conteoller

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.