New Pool Austin Tx

So after checking the deck coating samples in sun, cloud, morning, noon and sunset we decided on color #1 above.

What we started to realize was #4 was about the same color as the road base currently lining the pool where the decking will go. It was just too much of the same color and we wanted something to break up the pool from the house.

Thanks for the help! Hopefully the weather holds back for a few more days so we can get the concrete in!!! I believe clean up happens after that then the final finishing stages can start. Swimming by Spring Break??? probably not, can't run the heater for a while.

#4 is currently our pick, but it is a very close match to the coping/stone around the pool. We are going to set the samples out again today in a few different light conditions and see what speaks to us. I'm on the fence with going much darker than the coping.

We aren't super concerned about heat build up, I mean this is TX and no mater what you do it will be hot.

These are colors from a local company Sanchez Coatings, they don't specify a manufacture. Whats funny is during the pool interview I asked a couple PB's about coating and they all called it Koolkote, however then went on to say that the product actually isn't koolkote. I guess about 5-10 years ago all the coating guys figured out a better way to coat decks without using the Koolkote product, but the name was like Kleenex and so it stuck.

EDIT>>>>>

Just went outside and maybe I am leaning towards something a bit darker.

When we were considering leuder stone, this was the hardest question for us - what color decking we could do with it.

We recently did KoolCote in Austin (we had looked at Sanchez coatings too). I'm betting 3 is Texas Bone and 4 is Houston Tan. We did Houston Tan (you can look at the pics in my build thread). I love the color as it blends in pretty well with our stone, but I agree that it might clash with your coping.

I also like the way they fixed the bucktooth. Warning: it totally looks like a fun slide to me and probably other kids as well. :)

Well.. things dried out enough and decking is poured!!

They broke a piece of coping though... AAAAGGGGHHHHH

We are thinking maybe it will be fun to extend the "moat" all the way around the house???

6B7D9AD4-B78F-4737-9344-1F769478AFA2_zpsnylzd5lh.jpg

B8113B61-A3CB-4373-98AC-3587656F0EAA_zpspxpk2znq.jpg

270FD781-B7EF-403D-B788-D0A3B36EF37E_zps32tbbp1t.jpg

2945FD62-591F-44BA-A25C-D4B128ED7826_zpsrvbb7sca.jpg

404CDCFB-DF08-4536-B1F7-C61CEB2F3A93_zpsojbmsvsu.jpg

E9F6C41D-BE6F-432A-B857-F155E7F41786_zpsvmvcugzw.jpg

A Pile of Pentair showed up today. Upset with Pool builder... niche light is LED, and rest of lights are incandescent which is what we paid for. I'm assuming LED with be blueish white, and Incandescents will be warmer coolered. PB says not much they can do other than, not connect ledge niche, or change order for all LED lights, at their cost he says.. LOL ... aarrrhhhh..

32019811-8FB7-4ABB-BDB9-E8DAADD0F5DD_zpsshenu4mz.jpg

D251EE78-6E81-481C-B66D-E94FEA8DF35D_zpsj3dvoxcy.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
$575 upcharge to go from incandescent to white LED... extra $500 on top of that to go to color.

Looks like White LED it is... grief the bleed never stops

I never understand how they can charge that much for color LED. The lights themselves are around 500+/- bucks. When my lights went out a pool company quoted me 1000 per light to replace with regular fixtures. I did all of mine for about 1200 bucks myself with color led in 2011. Total labor was probably about 30 minutes of my time.

The color LED's really are a rip off, even the white LED's. Oh well, hopefully these white ones last a long time.

I wouldn't say they are a rip off as the color ones are pretty impressive at night. BTW - On mine after 5 years one of the blue banks of LEDs are out on the big pool light. Both spa led lights have had no issues. As much as we use the pool lights I think we have gotten our moneys worth out of them.

I wouldn't say they are a rip off as the color ones are pretty impressive at night. BTW - On mine after 5 years one of the blue banks of LEDs are out on the big pool light. Both spa led lights have had no issues. As much as we use the pool lights I think we have gotten our moneys worth out of them.

I would agree that for me, the LED's were not a ripoff. I evaluate what I pay for something by the enjoyment that I get out of that feature (one of the ways anyway). I LOVE my LED's - and so does everyone that comes to my pool - at least based on the volume of positive comments we get. I've said numerous times that they are the feature that surprised me the most (pleasantly) about our whole pool build. But as with anything aesthetic, the money spent versus perceived value can vary wildly by person. My friend who is a commercial pilot also complimented me on them (he's at about 10,000 feet when going over my house on his descent).

Perhaps ripoff is a strong word, overpriced might be better suited. Either way, White LED's are installed. Today was a very productive day! Plumbing done, electrical done, new electrical sub panel installed, new 20A circuit run to utility shed & stone bench being built on decking! They almost finished it but ran out of light. Pictures tomorrow, it looks great!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.