New Pool Austin Tx

Started filling it up today! A handful of items on the punch list but I can see the finish line!

09637917-584A-4A5C-B214-AD7259BABC88_zpssgiwjymc.jpg

0ABBE79E-9532-4DAD-AC6B-46B576151046_zpskonrcivb.jpg

F81E9187-4973-4923-AFB1-63E43C27AC5B_zpsbinjoeus.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Regarding swimming during break-in period. What defines that period? PB says they will perform the startup and maintenance/brushing for the first couple weeks. He thinks it will be ready to swim in 2 weeks and heater in 30 days. Is the break-in period typically 30 days and we should avoid swimming for a month even though they say 2 weeks?

I'm guessing we won't be able to swim until the heater can be turned on anyways so it probably doesn't matter either way.

So we started filling the pool on Friday, finished on Saturday. Nothing has happened since then, no chemicals, brushing... Should I be worried about the plaster? PB says someone was supposed to start it up today but it was a no show.

You should be concerned and stay on them in a nice but firm way. pH will begin to climb quickly, and your water will begin to cloud soon from a predictable algae bloom if you don't get some FC in there. Of course you'll need some stabilizer as well to protect that FC. I would stay on them, or at the very least find out if you are permitted to do anything while you wait. If so, try to get it in writing. Just don't do anything that could jeopardize your pool warranty on the plaster.

Use some of the info here Pool School - Start-up New Plaster as knowledge to help in your discussions.

Startup in process, sprinklers redone today, sod on Friday.

The light colors are all the same.. for some reason the spa shows up green in the pics. I think its the depth that throws off the color for the camera.

3FF9F0C1-C53F-4F6A-9B8A-560E224F15B2_zpsrtyp794c.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.