New Pool Austin Tx

Wall pressure washed, sprinklers done, sod in & growing. We have a hand full of punch list items left. Worst seems to be a suction side leak on our main pump. We have a ton of air in the lines. It appears to be in a piping manafold between the skimmer & MD valves and the automated valve to the pump suction port. They are going to rebuild this week. Long and short there is a manual valve on each skimmer & main drain. We have an automatic valve which diverts from either Spa Drain or to skimmers/MD. If the valve is on spa drain there is no air in the suction line. If the valve is on the skimmers/MD there is lots of air in the line. We can close off any combination of 2 of the manual valves controlling skimmer 1, skimmer 2 or MD and we still have air in the line. This leads us to believe their is a leak somewhere in that manifold/valve assembly.

Its hard to see in the pictures, but the pump on the left is for water features and has no issues. The other pump with the 4 valves is the one in question. The 3 way valve now has an automated valve controller on it now and diverts between spa drain(left side of valve) and skimmers/MD(right side of valve). You can see the 3 other valves just above ground level.

A2B4C975-A834-4F01-9226-0B69AEF0B5A5_zps88nnsc8m.jpg

DCD59215-2D07-4433-996B-ED90D72422D0_zpsppg5ejgl.jpg

F9F4DEA7-70A0-45D8-8EB5-9B96CFD38B6E_zpsop4t30di.jpg

AE40585D-CA04-4688-A7E8-8A65E1E1617C_zpsmxr2lww9.jpg

6EA6CF01-97D2-4DA2-A79C-B6F372E36ADB_zpsjvdwzlqm.jpg

6C7F220A-CF3D-482C-8FEC-B2B2861C7EED_zpsnocdsydh.jpg

Broke out my test kit yesterday... PH seems high, around 7.8, CYA was hard to register, I got the tube all the way full but could still make out the black dot so less than 20, and FC was barely measurable.. maybe 1. TA 80, CH 400

We still have the pool under "startup mode" by the builder and his chemical guy so I'll check with him today when he is out.

New plaster and constant spillways will drive your pH up for quite a while. Just get used to having acid on-hand and ready. :) Definitely add a little bleach right away so you don't end-up having to battle algae in the gorgeous new pool. Today is supposed to be a nice as yesterday. Lots of :sun:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
LOL I bet it took a little while to warm back up from that burrrrrrrrr!

Your plaster is SO pretty! Could you please put your plaster color in your siggy as I know there are going to be people looking at it and wanting to know so they can copy it! (yeah I know they can read your whole thread but.....)

Kim

So I ran my KK820 robot for the first time today and it seemed to work great. How often should the robot be run, twice a week?

On a side note... is it typical to feel underwhelmed by a Pool Builders Pool school? I feel pretty confident in my ability to maintain my pool because of reading this website, had I been a casual homeowner I wouldn't even know I needed to add chemicals...

Yes is the answer to both questions. Most PBs don't know squat about maintaining a pool. Mostly what you will/should learn from them is about the equipment, plumbing, valves, filter, etc. Lots of PBs just say take a sample to the pool store to get it tested.

So pool builder still can't figure out why we have so much air in our suction side of main pump... leak detection experts coming out soon. I had the pump only pulling from the skimmers today and the pump almost lost prime.

Found out some pretty miserable things about the start up company they used today as well. In a really bad mood about this whole process now.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.