1 year old pool, can’t get the balance quite right.

peterfitton

Silver Supporter
May 4, 2020
Connecticut
Hi TFP. We’ve had two full New England seasons on our new pool at this point and I can’t seem to get my levels in line.
I’ll start with my current test numbers:

FC 4.5
CC .5
CH 375
TA 270
CYA 55
pH over 8.2

After the most recent test, I added 2 gallons of 20 Baume acid and a fair amount of dry stabilizer but can’t seem to get the numbers in line. I’ve never seen pH below 8.2 regardless of how much acid I add. I suspect either an inaccurate test, or maybe a leak in the pool.
My water is clear, but I’m concerned that I’m doing long term damage to the pool with the pH and TA so far out of the recommended levels.

The pool is covered most of the time with the SWG running for about 12 hours a day. There is an auto fill.

thoughts comments suggestions are appreciated. Thank you.
Peter

Hey Peter! :wave: A few thoughts:
- This is an outdoor pool correct? Did you close yet, or when are you scheduled?
- Your pH will continue to rise quickly with a TA that high. Full strength muriatic acid is the right tool, but make sure to follow the instructions below if you have time before closing.
- Remember that the SWG also contributes to pH increase (aeration). Maybe increase the output and lower the SWG run time?

Is there a post you can link me to?
The thread below should give you an idea. In addition, another indication of a leak is if your CYA, CH, and salt (for a salt pool) drop for some reason.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.