3 position actuator for pump running two water features?

Welcome to TFP.
I think @ajw22 came up with a fix I remember reading in another thread. I think you need an extra relay that is not being used. What is the model of your automation system and do you have an unused relay.
Lets wait for Allen to review once you supply the above info.

Welcome to TFP.

We have a pump supporting water fall feature and a rock slide. Would like to control from Pentair app possibility of running only slide, only waterfall, and both. Is this still not possible in 2024?

Show me the diverter that chooses between waterfall or rock slide and show all your equipment plumbing.

Reactions: HermanTX
Would like to control from Pentair app possibility of running only slide, only waterfall, and both. Is this still not possible in 2024?
Nope. You can have any two out of the three settings.

Ok so I can’t get a different actuator that I can adjust incrementally through the app?
Pentair has been promising for a few years their IntelliValve will do that. Maybe someday it will.

Utah,

Pretty simple fix.. Remove the single 3-way valve/actuator you have now, and replace it with a 2-way valve/actuator on each of the two water feature pipes.. Then you can select either one, or both..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Utah,

Pretty simple fix.. Remove the single 3-way valve/actuator you have now, and replace it with a 2-way valve/actuator on each of the two water feature pipes.. Then you can select either one, or both..

Thanks,

Jim R.
Jim - for my own knowledge - would this require the individual valve/actuator be assigned to 2 different relays so you can select one or the other or both?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Herman,

The OP has a Pool and Spa IntelliCenter, which comes with 4 valve drivers.. Intake, Return, Valve A and Valve B.

I 'assume' he is using Valve A or B for the current water feature valve, so that should leave the other one open.

For my solution to work, he would have to wire one of the new 2-way valves to A and the other new 2-way valve to B.

No relays are used to move a valve, you would just use feature circuits.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: HermanTX
Herman,

The OP has a Pool and Spa IntelliCenter, which comes with 4 valve drivers.. Intake, Return, Valve A and Valve B.

I 'assume' he is using Valve A or B for the current water feature valve, so that should leave the other one open.

For my solution to work, he would have to wire one of the new 2-way valves to A and the other new 2-way valve to B.

No relays are used to move a valve, you would just use feature circuits.

Thanks,

Jim R.
Thanks. Maybe the OP will post what was done and how it is working.

Reactions: Jimrahbe