Baton Rouge, LA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Currently have a manual valve to turn on/off flow to my water features ( two fountains and 5 spitters). I want to add a Pentair actuator valve and automate this process. I’ve looked at installation of these valves as well as how to connect to my Intellitouch I5 Easy Touch control center. This doesn’t look that complicated, however, I need advice on how to change my Intelliflo VSP settings once the valve is in. I plan on having the “on” control my return jets and water features as above (as it is currently runs at around 2800). However, the “off” position I plan on only having the return jets on. Can someone help explain how to lower my flow rate for this function only? I plan on running my “on” water feature only for 2-4 hours since I’m dealing with higher pH from the aeration. I do have a SWG so I know I will need to maintain some minimal flow for this as well. Any information is helpful.

I,

For the actuator to work, you have to set up a "Circuit" and name it.. (You can name it anything you want) Let's call it "Waterfall" for this example. You will then need to assign "Waterfall" to Valve A or B, and plug your actuator into A or B connection.

To move the actuator you have to turn on "waterfall"...

To control the speed, you have to add "waterfall" to the pump speed page, like this one below.

The key here is that the if the pump sees two or more speed requests at the same time, it will always run the fastest one.

So.. using the above example.. If your pump is running at 1250 RPM and your turn on waterfall. the pump should speed up to 2800 RPM.

Thanks,

Jim R.

I,

Since you have a SWCG, you want your Pool or Spa circuit to be on the entire time you want the pump to run. This is because the SWCG will only run if you are in the Pool or Spa modes. And.. it is dirt stupid, in my mind, to be running the pump and not be making chlorine.

Thanks,

Jim R.

I use ScreenLogic, as it makes it pretty easy..

If you have an IntelliTouch (no display) you will have to use a remote with a display

If you have an EasyTouch, then you can use the display on the main outside panel.

Thanks,

Jim R.

I,

Since you have a SWCG, you want your Pool or Spa circuit to be on the entire time you want the pump to run. This is because the SWCG will only run if you are in the Pool or Spa modes. And.. it is dirt stupid, in my mind, to be running the pump and not be making chlorine.

Thanks,

Jim R.
So if I add a new circuit named “water features”, my SWG will not work since it is not in pool mode?

You can have multiple circuits scheduled to run at once. For example, using the second image in post #2 above, pool circuit can run from 8 am to 8 pm then waterfall circuit can run from 10 am to 10:30 am. The pump speed will increase and the pool circuit and waterfall circuit will be on at the same time with the waterfall circuit pump speed overriding the pool circuit pump speed. At 10:30 am the waterfall circuit schedule stops and the pump speed slows down to what the pool circuit is set to.

wanted to give update. Received the actuator valve. Installed and programmed yesterday. Watched a few videos to adjust cam, which was easy. Works perfectly. Now I’m able to run my water features for a few hours instead of total pump run time. This should help manage my pH changes. I really appreciate the help.

Reactions: Jimrahbe

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.