Freeze Coming - Protection - Spa Heater Turns on & run water features?

The heater should not run during Freeze mode.

I am not sure what you are looking at.

The heater should not be run with water temperature below 60F. Read Heater Condensation - Further Reading
https://imgur.com/a/XPpp3fN

Here's what happens when freeze mode turns on. When it does the spa cycle the heater shows ON in the SL app however the heating unit is not actually on outside. My config settings are also in there.

Midday when freeze protection turned off, I turned the spa on in the Screen Logic app and the heater DID turn on automatically

Basically
Free Protection - SPA Cycles, Heater shows on, heat unit is off.

Manually turn on SPA, Heater shows on, heat unit turns on.

As long as your heater is not actually running during freeze protection I would not worry.

When in doubt, put system in service mode and start all pumps before freeze. You'll be fine (unless power goes out).
In that event, kill breakers and remove freeze plugs from pumps.
As long as your heater is not actually running during freeze protection I would not worry.
So I have my easy touch in auto mode and freeze protection is on so the pool pump is running. I also manually enabled the other 3 pumps for features and had them running non-stop since last night.

Randomly however the feature pumps literally all just stopped at the same time and showed as off in my screen logic app. I enable them again and they all turned back on but I have no clue why they all stopped as I turned off all automation for them.

Does freeze protection work in service mode? For instance, will it automatically switch between spa and pool every 15 minutes in service mode?

I figured I could pop it in service mode in case there is some legacy setting for the features to make sure they are running all night

The egg timers will turn circuits off unless set for Always On. Default for egg timers on circuits is 12 hours.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
No, freeze protection will not work in Service Mode.

The egg timers will turn circuits off unless set for Always On. Default for egg timers on circuits is 12 hours.
Am I doing everything right so far? I saw someone else in another post here that has similar setup to mine and everything was just frozen on the waterfall and everywhere.

Should I throw some blankets and maybe Christmas lights over or around the pump?

Next 2 days

1000009399.png

Can not hurt, may help. Do it!
So I woke up to grab water in middle of night and each of the 3 feature pumps then randomly just turned off after running non stop. I did change the egg times yesterday morning per your suggestion to Don't Stop on each pump.

Probably was 18 hours since changing the timers

Was able to put them back on quickly but that's a little concerning. Any ideas?

Freeze protection was still running on the pool/spa pump so no breakers or anything flipped

Your power may have blipped off and on during the night that reset the panel.

Did the EasyTouch show the pumps off?

Pumps will only restart after the panel resets if they are on a program.

Your power may have blipped off and on during the night that reset the panel.

Did the EasyTouch show the pumps off?

Pumps will only restart after the panel resets if they are on a program.
I did not notice as I just flipped them back on in the screen logic app.

I'm assuming that is independent of freeze protection which will automatically come back on if there is a blip?

I have a power notice app on my phone which will play music if the charger loses power for more than 30 seconds. If there was a blip it must have been shorter than 30 seconds because my phone did not go off.

In that type of situation to prevent it from happening in the future, I'm guessing I should just add those circuits to freeze protection this way they automatically go back on?

Only other way I can think of is to create automation schedules specific when freeze events happen for 24 hours.

I wish there was a way to see a log or notifications if the panel gets reset for troubleshooting the next day. Do you know if there's a way to add the feature pumps to this history chart along with time? It's really tough to tell if there was a blip because it looks like the pump for free ze protect staid on.

1000009420.png

Without knowing exactly why the pump stopped it is impossible to say exactly what you need to do.

At this point all you can do is setup multiple strategies to keep the pumps running.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.