your recommendation on Power Powder from Leslie

Oct 24, 2017
Branchburg, NJ
Hi everyone,
I saw Power Powder from Leslie and i am thinking of buy them to shock my pool during opening process. I read the reviews and they say bad.
Anyone from here recommend this product or alternative product to shock the pool? I plan to shock the pool and then add salt generator to convert to salt pool.
any negative effect with vinyl liner Pool?
thank you in advance

I suggest you read ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry and consider reviewing the entire Pool School eBook

'Shock' is a product, not a process. SLAM is a process. If your water chemistry test results show you need to SLAM, follow that process. Use liquid chlorine to chlorinate your pool water until your SWCG is ready to operate.

Mknauss,
I completely understand what you mean. I need to SLAM my pool before I start my SWG. I just don't know if the product Power Powder from Leslie is good to use? Liquid chlorine is hard to fine from my local pool supplier. there is only one shop carry it that I knew off from my area and they close at the time I get to them from work.

That product is Cal Hypo. What is the CH of your water? The product will add calcium to your water. To properly SLAM will depend on your CYA. How much of the product will be need to raise and maintain your FC at SLAM levels? It must be well mixed in the pool or it can sit on the bottom and stain or create calcium scale.

You have no Walmart, Home Depot, or Lowes in your area? All carry bleach.

I see you are out in Branchburg, NJ. I am nearby you. I usually get all of my liquid chlorine from Ocean State Job Lots out in Clinton on Route 31. $2.99 per gallon for 12.5% there. I just picked up a bunch on Tuesday with the 25% promotion they were running. Otherwise try DB pools in Raritan. They sell it by the 5 gallon jug for a I think under 20 you just need to leave a deposit for the jug (I have been using the same one for a few years now).

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.