Yet another TA rapid rise thread

calstar

Feb 28, 2014
santa barbara, california
Another member of the rapid rise club here. TA is 100, how do I get down to 60(I want to start here as raising the TA is pretty simple)? I've just finished slamming so my ph is not stabilized enough for accurate measurements. Once the chlorine drops I'll take a ph measurement, so lets say its 7.6, I'll bring it down to 7.0-7.2 and test TA, then let ph drift back up or raise the ph with aeration back to 7.5, at this point the TA should have remained at the number it was when I first lowered the ph to 7.0-7.2, right? If the TA still needs lowering, I lower the ph again to 7.0-7.2 which would again lower the TA, then drift/aerate to raise ph, correct? Now the TA has been lowered twice, and I continue this pattern until I hit my target. Is my concept on lowering TA right? Once the TA is correct the ph wont rise or very slowly on its own, right?

thanks, Brian

What is your CSI? Typically no need to drive your TA down quickly unless you cannot manage the rising pH or your CSI is very positive.

To accelerate the drop of the TA a bit do as you describe, when your pH reaches 7.8 or 8, lower it to 7.2.

What is the TA of your fill water?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.