YEAR LONG Pool Build and Cant Take It Any More! Help!

Sep 4, 2018
St Augustine
I literally signed the contract to have my pool built a year ago- May 4th to be exact. I retrospectively understand my pool is not your simple build. There have been many concerns as a pool as small as mine should not take a year to build but I will get to the point...

I was away on vacation last week and came home to thankfully work done on my pool- it was plastered, with marcite/plaster? I am a newbie, sorry. There was water being filled from my aquifer well into the spa. It was taking quite a while and the water was not filling as I expected. Sure enough I looked again and the pool/spa pipe connections (on the other side of my house at my request) was leaking all the water (no pool equipment had been attached and the pipes were open ended. I do not know if this was due to the plasterer or contractor as I was not there. I texted and called my contractor and he responded 3 hrs later to turn the water off and he would be there in the am. I had moved the water from the spa to the pool as I read once the marcite/plaster is done it is imperative to fill the pool evenly and quickly. He said to turn the water off so I did but the pool had about a foot of water by then. I did not see him come today (Sunday). There is an obvious line where the water was. Am I over reacting or should I be worried that there is a permanent stain? Tomorrow is Monday and a work day which I will be home for and hope to resolve this. Thank you for any help.

Once again I am new but I hope this info helps...
Inground pool with fill dirt added, negative/infinity edge, plaster, artesian well water used for partial questionable fill, no parameters in water quality, location- NE Florida. Pool size, 16' (with overflow of water, 14' without) by 28'.

Attachments

• afterplasternowater.jpg
    afterplasternowater.jpg
    348.8 KB · Views: 40
  • poolwater.jpg
    poolwater.jpg
    276.2 KB · Views: 39
  • spalow.jpg
    spalow.jpg
    253.4 KB · Views: 38
  • spawaterfilm.jpg
    spawaterfilm.jpg
    353 KB · Views: 36
Hi and welcome to TFP. I wish you had found us long before now. We might have been able to help keep these things from happening by telling you what to look for as well as what to do or not to do.

I do not want to write this part at all but it has to be said...............at no time should the flow of water be stopped when you start filling the pool and spa. You are seeing the reason why.............it can cause a ring around the pool this is close to impossible to remove :( Depending on the plaster start up the PB might be able to do an acid start and with lots of brushing and hard work the ring might blend in. He might also be able to do an acid wash but that removes some of the plaster and that is not a good thing down the road.

Let us know what he has to say when he gets there. Ask him what kind of start up he will be doing. Here is a link to our start ups:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.