With the new pool math (that came out a few weeks ago) what should my ranges be?

ecsii

May 10, 2019
Fresno, CA
I'm particularly interested in what the my CYA should be? It stays between 100 and 110 in the summer. My CYA is 40 . Ive had lots of problems with the CYA getting to high, so I stopped using the 3" tablets. But I'm staring to have problems keeping enough chlorine as the temperature is beginning to increase. We had our first 90 degree day today.

Last edited:
Too high! Unless you own stock in Clorox?? Just kidding- hate Clorox pool products. LOL

What are you using to sanitize your pool??

That high of CYA is just causing you to either fight with algae or spend more money than necessary on chlorine to balance it with the CYA.

Non-SWG pools 40ish is probably good for your area, but if SWG pool go for like 70-80.

Maddie :flower:

I have been using Liquid Chlorine. Before I always used The 3" Tabs and Liquid, but my CYA would go crazy and I would have to drain my pool. I drained my pool three times in the last 2 years then I started using the TFP system. I actually put a 3" tab in a floater to bring it up from CYA of 40 when I read it should be closer to 60 or 70. Just not sure I'm really leary because I've had to drain the pool so many times.

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.