Wireless thermometer

I agree, I once purchased a bluetooth floating thermometer and it was a waste of money, to say the least!

I'm particularly interested in finding something I don't have to drag out of the water to read. I once saw a thermometer built in to a skimmer cover that looked interesting.

Maddie :flower:

Plenty of thermometers built into various size skimmer covers. I have one like this in a square skimmer cover...

Reactions: setsailsoon
Plenty of thermometers built into various size skimmer covers. I have one like this in a square skimmer cover...

Is it accurate? Every single floating thermometer I have gotten has been WAY off.

Reactions: KJB1
I have several food/fridge thermometers from Thermoworks. Their thermometers are a bit pricy but VERY accurate. I actually contacted them a few months ago to give them the idea of a remote read pool thermometer. Maybe if we get more people writing to them, they will create one.

The wireless thermometers in a pool don’t seem to last more then a year or two. Sitting outside in a pool is a harsh environment. It could be built more robust if you were willing to pay a few hundred dollars. But having a wireless thermometer that is inexpensive and robust seems to be beyond our technical capabilities right now.

I have several food/fridge thermometers from Thermoworks. Their thermometers are a bit pricy but VERY accurate. I actually contacted them a few months ago to give them the idea of a remote read pool thermometer. Maybe if we get more people writing to them, they will create one.

Yes! One like their $35 Thermopop but with a probe that's like 1.5' long? That would be very helpful.

Is it accurate? Every single floating thermometer I have gotten has been WAY off.
I question its usefulness and acuracy since the shallower water in a skimmer basket isn't necessarily the same as the larger pool, y'know? But I like the idea.
Another one I saw was built in to the lid of the pump basket, so the rushing water going by is more believable to me than the skimmer lid one. I just don't have one to know for sure?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
$12 for the win. You can test it from quite the distance, too. I have found that it's within a degree or two of my automation and old school submersible thermometer.

THey use those at work when we whine about the rooms being too hot or too cold. The maintenance guy comes in and points that at the ceiling vent and says "yup, its at the right temp" and goes on his merry way. Yet we're still freezing or roasting after he leaves.

So I kinda question how well those laser guns work :(

THey use those at work when we whine about the rooms being too hot or too cold. The maintenance guy comes in and points that at the ceiling vent and says "yup, its at the right temp" and goes on his merry way. Yet we're still freezing or roasting after he leaves.

So I kinda question how well those laser guns work :(

Ha! I know it's not funny, but they do work pretty darn well. What someone does with the information, well that's on them. There is a lot more to determining if the HVAC system is working correctly than just taking a couple of temperature readings. :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.