SW PA
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
We've had our stand alone hot tub for 6 years now. Normally it stays open all winter, but due a number of reasons, I drained and winterized it and closed it up last fall. Somehow, over the winter, a small amount water got in and when I took off the cover yesterday, the interior was covered, and I mean covered, with mold. It seems to come off relatively easily with basic bathroom tIle and tub spray, but I'm worried about harming the interior fiberglass finish. Can anyone recommend something to help rid the mold, but not harm the fiberglass / gel coat finish of the hot tub?

How about an Ahh!some purge? Most likely get the mold off and clean the pipes. If its on the shell its probably in the piping.
I do that as a matter of course anyway. Was going to do that after getting rid of the surface mold. Would it really take the mold off the interior shell? No elbow grease? Just hate to waste the product, water and time if there might be a more foolproof way to get that mold off the shell.

BMK: Ahh-Some will make the mold clean up on the shell much easier. With the tub fairly full and the water heated to at least 90-95 degrees, add a few level teaspoons of the gel to the water. Be sure the filters are out of the filter well. Ok to place them inside the tub while Ahh-Some is working. Increase chlorine sanitizer level to at least 10-15 ppm. Run the jets intermittently. Wipe any sticky stuff that may accumulate at the waterline before it dries and hardens up. wipe the interior with the tub filled with a soft brush or towel. Skim off any clumps of white coagulated gunk that you may see. Shut the tub off overnight and let the product soak in. In the morning, add another level teaspoon or two of Ahh-Some. Run the jets and air intakes wide open for 15 minutes. Drain, rinse and wipe. Your mold should be gone. We do this all the time with tubs that are emptied and left for short times and mold develops. Always re- fill the hot tub with a hose going into the filter well for a perfect and fast prime. Rinse the cleaned filters and place back into filter cavity. You are all set. Be sure to splash water from the tub that has Ahh-Some in it on the underside and top of the spa cover. You will have mold there that needs to be dealt with.

BMK: Ahh-Some will make the mold clean up on the shell much easier. With the tub fairly full and the water heated to at least 90-95 degrees, add a few level teaspoons of the gel to the water. Be sure the filters are out of the filter well. Ok to place them inside the tub while Ahh-Some is working. Increase chlorine sanitizer level to at least 10-15 ppm. Run the jets intermittently. Wipe any sticky stuff that may accumulate at the waterline before it dries and hardens up. wipe the interior with the tub filled with a soft brush or towel. Skim off any clumps of white coagulated gunk that you may see. Shut the tub off overnight and let the product soak in. In the morning, add another level teaspoon or two of Ahh-Some. Run the jets and air intakes wide open for 15 minutes. Drain, rinse and wipe. Your mold should be gone. We do this all the time with tubs that are emptied and left for short times and mold develops. Always re- fill the hot tub with a hose going into the filter well for a perfect and fast prime. Rinse the cleaned filters and place back into filter cavity. You are all set. Be sure to splash water from the tub that has Ahh-Some in it on the underside and top of the spa cover. You will have mold there that needs to be dealt with.
I'll do this this weekend.....thanks!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.