Will it leak?

Maybe its not done yet, and they are going to be adding another corner? Or a filler piece.

Maybe its not done yet, and they are going to be adding another corner? Or a filler piece.
Strangely, in the other corners, the cement slabs overlap, but only the two corners near the border lack overlapping. I suspect that the cement slabs were not long enough, so they were designed this way to precisely achieve the desired width of the swimming pool. However, I don't think this is reliable.

It is possible that even a slight soil settlement or freezing water could make these corners unstable. I don't understand why it was designed this way. My neighbor doesn't seem to care, letting the workers to do it however they please.

Not your pool, not your problem ... even if it does leak, it's still your neighbors problem to rectify.

If this is a vinyl liner pool (as most are in the northeast), then the vinyl liner is the water-proofing barrier. The walls are structural in nature. They simply need to hold up against the water volume. You don't build a pool so that everything is water-tight, you build a pool according to engineering plans and if that wall is simply structural, then it is doing its job.

Not your pool, not your problem ... even if it does leak, it's still your neighbors problem to rectify.
If this is a vinyl liner pool (as most are in the northeast), then the vinyl liner is the water-proofing barrier. The walls are structural in nature. They simply need to hold up against the water volume. You don't build a pool so that everything is water-tight, you build a pool according to engineering plans and if that wall is simply structural, then it is doing its job.

The pool walls have a thickness of only 7 or 8 centimeters, if they can withstand the water pressure? Soil will be filled outside the swimming pool.

My land is 1.5 meters lower than my neighbor's land, and I don't want the water from their swimming pool to flow to my side.

Last edited:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
My land is 1.5 meters lower than my neighbor's land, and I don't want the water from their swimming pool to flow to my side.

Do you live an HOA? If so, were the building plans approved by the HOA architectural review committee?
The builder doesn't like being questioned.

And I don’t blame him …

So, what really started your concern about this pool not being safe?

Are you in some sort of feud with your neighbor where you don't get along?

Have you talked to your neighbor about your concerns?

You can look up the contractor to see if they have the correct licenses to build pools.

Do you know what licenses are required?

You can also look up the building permit.

The permit should be posted on the property visible from the street.

Can you see this?

So, what really started your concern about this pool not being safe?

Are you in some sort of feud with your neighbor where you don't get along?

Have you talked to your neighbor about your concerns?
1. The pool walls have a thickness of only 7 or 8 centimeters, the depth of the pool is 1.5 meter. If they can withstand the water pressure?
In the corner of the pool, two cement slabs are not overlapping.
2. During the process of building their yard, my neighbor is unwilling to consider or discuss the details and has handed everything over to the builder.
3. My neighbor is unwilling to consider the details.

Last edited:
You can look up the contractor to see if they have the correct licenses to build pools.

Do you know what licenses are required?

You can also look up the building permit.

The permit should be posted on the property visible from the street.

Can you see this?
It does not require licenses to build swimming pools here.

I asked the government, and they said that if your neighbor's pool is in the ground and the depth is equal to or smaller than 1.5 meters (My neighbor`s pool is 1.5 meters) it does not require a building permit. The design of the pool may be something your neighbor needs, he will need to hire someone to inspect it, but whether or not he chooses to hire someone to inspect it is his personal matter.

Last edited:
Where are you located?

Based on what we can see, there is not enough information to make any conclusions about the safety or reliability of the pool.

In most places, builders are required to be licensed and to get permits and inspections.

I will assume that you are not in the US.

If you are somewhere with no licensing requirements, building codes, permits or inspections, then there is probably not much you can do other than hope for the best.

There might be a process to halt unsafe work, but that depends on the situation as well as local laws.

You can consult with an attorney if you have some basis for legitimate concern that the structure will be unsafe.

In the US, there are about 4 different ways to build a pool.

1) Concrete.

2) One piece fiberglass.

3) Vinyl liner with galvanized steel or polymer walls.

4) Fiberglass wall panels with a concrete floor.

For vinyl liner or fiberglass walls, the walls are about as thick as the panels that you are showing in the pictures.

The panels have structural side edges that provide strength as well as a concrete footer and anchors.

It looks like the pool might be fiberglass wall panels with a concrete floor.

At this point, from what we can see, I don’t see any imminent threat, but I also can’t say that it will be fine.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.