Will it leak?

I will assume that you are not in the US.

If you are somewhere with no licensing requirements, building codes, permits or inspections, then there is probably not much you can do other than hope for the best.

There might be a process to halt unsafe work, but that depends on the situation as well as local laws.

You can consult with an attorney if you have some basis for legitimate concern that the structure will be unsafe.

In the US, there are about 4 different ways to build a pool.

1) Concrete.

2) One piece fiberglass.

3) Vinyl liner with galvanized steel or polymer walls.

4) Fiberglass wall panels with a concrete floor.

For vinyl liner or fiberglass walls, the walls are about as thick as the panels that you are showing in the pictures.

The panels have structural side edges that provide strength as well as a concrete footer and anchors.

It looks like the pool might be fiberglass wall panels with a concrete floor.

At this point, from what we can see, I don’t see any imminent threat, but I also can’t say that it will be fine.
I don't live in the US, I live in Germany. The German government doesn't take care of anything.

Reactions: JamesW
There is probably not much you can do about the pool if the neighbor will not talk to you and the builder is not willing to talk to you.

All you can do is build something to contain any leaks to minimize the risk.

If there was some glaring and obvious danger, you might be able to get an injunction to stop progress until the safety can be verified, but that's a legal issue that you will have to figure out on your end.

Maybe you can build a wall that will block any water flow towards your property?

Maybe put in some sort of drainage with pumps to sense any water leaks and pump the water away to protect your house.
The German government doesn't care about anything. During the construction process, we were not informed by the government that the neighbor would raise the land by 1.5 meters. If we had known, we wouldn't have bought this piece of land. The neighbor wants to build a pool on the border, and we only found out when they purchased the materials. I am considering whether I can take the government to the court.

Reactions: JamesW
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.