WiFi master temp 125

The Pentair IntelliConnect is a relatively inexpensive app-controlled option. You can connect up to 5 devices. It will not control valve actuators. Cost in US is about $275 +/-. You would need to install a temp probe.

thanks. Any idea why it doesn’t interface with the heater temp reading? Can you use it to change the target temp on the heater

thanks. Any idea why it doesn’t interface with the heater temp reading? Can you use it to change the target temp on the heater

No, you set the heater temperature to max and let the Intelliconnect cycle the heater to its set point.

Reactions: setsailsoon
Any idea why it doesn’t interface with the heater temp reading?
I wondered the same thing. Seems it should be possible since the heater monitors temp anyways. I probably would have bought the unit if it had Alexa control. For me, the ability to schedule and control VS pump settings is appealing.

No, you set the heater temperature to max and let the Intelliconnect cycle the heater to its set point.
Thanks for explaining. So does that mean the interconnect controls the main power to the master temp and kills it when it reaches temp/turns it on when too low.

I ask since I noticed my heater has a bit of a wind down cycle before switching to stand by when it reaches temp (well the fan runs a bit longer). Does that mean it’s ok for that fan run on not to happen?

Thanks for explaining. So does that mean the interconnect controls the main power to the master temp and kills it when it reaches temp/turns it on when too low.

I ask since I noticed my heater has a bit of a wind down cycle before switching to stand by when it reaches temp (well the fan runs a bit longer). Does that mean it’s ok for that fan run on not to happen?

No, the Intelliconnect controls the heater using what is called the "Firemans switch". It is a low voltage connection that is like pushing the off and on button.

Reactions: UKjames
No, the Intelliconnect controls the heater using what is called the "Firemans switch". It is a low voltage connection that is like pushing the off and on button.

That’s great thanks Alan. I think I will get a WiFi switch/relay.

I tend to try and swim at the same temperature. Now the weather is colder I need to put the heater on a bit sooner or sometimes it’s still running when I’ve finished my swim so I need to turn it off but currently have to open the shed with the pad in and then turn the temp down or heater off. Then next time have to go back in to turn it on.

given I’m setting the heater temp to a sensible swim temp rather than max I think whilst handy, the automatic thermostat feedback whilst nice to have isn’t going tob be essential. I can do it manually via a separate WiFi thermometer or if my programming skills were up to scratch use some Python to get automatic feedback.
I currently have the pump and heater on WiFi switches that have load sensing so I can tell when the heater is running as the fan increases the load above the standby load.

Where do you usually put the temperature probe, is there a fitment that is part of the pad plumbing, strapped to the plumbing or in the pool itself?

Drill a hole in the PVC between the pump and the filter and secure the temperature probe in the pipe with a band clamp. The installation instructions should cover it.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.