Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
@mknauss
Now I need a little help! Back in the day, original fill was TA 230. I battled that down to about 100 and then followed your advice to leave it alone to stabilize. Which it did. It has consistently tested at about 50 ever since. Until this summer.

I guess I was pushing my pH down too much (trying to achieve a slightly negative CSI during our heatwave). Then I noticed my TA in the 40s. So I backed off on the acid, thinking that would right the ship, and it seemed to be, TA was creeping up. Today, though, my TA is 30 and my CSI is in the dumper.

Should I dose the TA up, or watch it longer to see if an elevated pH will restore it on its own?

FC: 5
CC: 0
pH: 7.9
TA: 30
CH: 400*
CYA: 65*
SALT: 3000
TEMP: 80°F
CSI: -0.76

* Tested about a month ago. Call CYA 70 if you like.

Time to raise the TA. Target 70. You are adding too much acid over time compared to the TA rise from your fill water. I suspect your evaporation has started to reduce or you have the pool covered somewhat.

So sorry. But thank you for the quick response. No evaporation reduction, just intelligence quotient reduction!! Testing error. TA is 60 and CSI is a healthy -0.03. Which is what I was originally expecting by backing off on the MA these last few weeks. I definitely was adding too much. I don't test TA very often, so must have forgotten how!! (10ml sample instead of 25ml!)

I've said it before, I'm old and I need constant supervision. Thanks again.

This interface should have a "Do Over" button to allow us to delete an embarrassing thread. Say once or twice a year? I may need more than that, though...

Reactions: mknauss
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.