Houston, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-30 Plus
It just started. It kind of skips a few times. You can hear it and see the shock in the piping. It only does it when primed not after emptying the strainer. Capacitor or is my motor on the way out? The capacitor looks shiny and new but it was here when I bought the house.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

Permanent Split Capacitor​

permanent-split-capacitor.jpeg
Is this your motor? Run cap only/no start cap?​

This design, commonly used on Century motors, is often referred to as a switchless motor, because it doesn’t have the typical centrifugal switch threaded onto the rear of the motor shaft. The PSC motor uses a top mounted run capacitor for run operations, but is permanently wired to the power source. The design has less starting torque and uses more energy than a capacitor start design.

What are your 2 PSI at the gauge readings?

That looks like it. It runs about 18psi (I think) but when its shuttering like that you really cant get a reading the needle is going back and forth.

If you have one of these you can test for amperage and uF capacitance as well. Motor label will have amps. Cap will have uF values on it.

Attachments

• UNI T.PNG
    UNI T.PNG
    71.3 KB · Views: 3
Change the lid oring, the lid clamp, and the lid glass. Or just leave it alone, that's an air problem on start up not a cap. Which isn't a real problem. Just leave it be or replace those. Your good man.

Change the lid oring, the lid clamp, and the lid glass. Or just leave it alone, that's an air problem on start up not a cap. Which isn't a real problem. Just leave it be or replace those. Your good man.
Hmm interesting. I just replaced the lid o ring but no change. My manual air bleeder on the filter is leaking slightly perhaps that is causing it? I figured the air would need to be before the pump to cause problems. I have a new bleeder arriving today or tomorrow.

You're right, the cap did nothing and neither did fixing my leaky filter bleed. I did replace the o ring on the pump lid, but youre saying I need to replace the lid and clamp as well to fix this? Here is a better video:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.